Clinical Educator, OR 1. 0DV
Clinical Educator, OR 1. 0DV -7467-5556
Description Develops and provides services related to the orientation, continuing education, and assessment of clinical staff.
Collaborates with nurse managers and staff to assess the learning needs and competencies of staff.
Designs, delivers, and assesses learning activities and curriculums related to clinical competencies,
departmental/organizational policies, regulatory requirements, and the use of clinical information technologies.
Serves as a consultant/mentor for staff in areas of program development, clinical practice, and professional development.
Participates in the development, coordination, and delivery of new staff orientation and education activities.
Provides direction, orientation, training, coaching, and mentoring to staff. Performs or assists with performance evaluations and disciplinary actions.QualificationsMinimum Education
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing required
- Master's degree in Nursing preferred
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Registered Nurse (RN) in State of Michigan required
- Basic Life Support Health Care Provider (BLS-HCP) required
- Basic Life Support Health Care Provider (BLS-HCP) Instructor preferred
Minimum Work Experience
- 3 years clinical experience required
Job Nursing EducationPrimary Location Michigan-Marquette Schedule Full-timeWork Schedule Day shift, 7-10 hr/shift, weekdays only