Clinical Manager (BCBA)- Baltimore City/Baltimore Co.
SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE
Advancing Beyond the Spectrum (ABS) was founded to provide the highest quality, evidence-based practices for children with developmental delays. We create cooperative partnerships between home, school, and community. Our services are predicated on the study of Applied Behavior Analysis. Our goal is to help children move beyond labels and into futures that include meaningful social relationships, academic success, appropriate behaviors, and effective communication.
To achieve this mission, we employ the best ABA professionals in the Baltimore & DC Metro areas who have the passion, compassion, and service-first mindset to serve out clients and their families. We provide our employees with all the tools and support needed to set them up for success to provide the best outcomes possible for our clients and our communities.
The function of the Clinical Manager is to plan, develop, and monitor treatment plans and behavior intervention plans to meet the needs of clients diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and/or other behavioral and social/communication challenges while ensuring that the client and their families are satisfied with the services they are receiving. The Clinical Manager will also lead and manage a team of Behavior Therapists through motivation, support, training, counseling, recognition, constructive feedback, and professional development. The Clinical Manager is an essential part of the team in achieving the goals developed for clients and the company.
Clinical Manager will come onboard with some established cases with the opportunity to build out the remainder of their caseload accumulating 35 total weekly hours
Clinical Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct ongoing and initial assessments (e.g., VB-MAPP, FBA, Social Skills assessments, etc.)
- Develop and deliver timely treatment plans and behavior programs
- Continually monitor treatment plans and behavior programs
- Conduct consistent training and consultations with families
- Provide a written summary of services rendered in the home, office, and community
- Maintain a minimum standard of 15% supervision in the field, if approved by the payor
- Collaborate with the treatment team, including the client, parents and caregivers, outside professionals, and co-workers.
- Maintain and acquire technical knowledge by attending required training.
- Follow all HIPAA regulations & uphold the BACB Code of Ethics at all times
- Follow company policies & procedures, and positively contribute to the ABS culture
- Train, develop, and mentor behavior therapists
- Supervise employees (policies & procedures, professional development, time-off requests, counseling, & performance feedback/reviews)
- Partners with HR for employee relations & disciplinary actions
- Contributes to staff schedules, relaying schedule changes, and updates
- Recognizes employee s wins and provides feedback on opportunities
- Maintains clear and respectful communication with behavior therapists and colleagues
- Remains flexible and adaptable based on the needs of the company, employees, and clients
- Advocates an open-door policy
Case Management Responsibilities:
- Maintain frequent communication with client families who are receiving services, including monthly check-in calls
- Troubleshoot any problems that arise with services, and work closely with our admin team to ensure appropriate case staffing
- Submit patient progress reports in a timely fashion and otherwise assist the process of securing insurance re/authorization
- Maintain confidential client records
- Manage all staffing needs that fall within your region
- Liaise with HR to hire staff and then staff cases promptly
- Support candidate screening and hiring processes
- Develop work schedules by allocating employees in shifts and positions
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a current and valid Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) Certification
- Must have a current and valid LBA license in the state of Maryland or willing to register with the state of Maryland to obtain licensure as an LBA within 30 days of hire date
- Master's degree in ABA, psychology, child development, education, or a related field
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience providing direct ABA services to clients in-home, clinic, or school-based setting
- Previous experience providing program supervision and staff training in an ABA program preferred
- Previous experience managing a team and training staff in a clinical setting
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Reliable transportation, valid car insurance, and valid driver's license
- Pass pre-employment state and federal criminal background checks
- Fluency in English required, bilingual preferred
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and develop knowledge and skillsets accordingly.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and adhere to the company dress code.
- Most importantly, have enthusiasm, professionalism, and a can-do attitude!
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to lift and carry clients with adaptive equipment.
- Must be able to assume and maintain various postures (kneeling, squatting, crawling, sitting, standing) for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to sit on the floor or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be willing and able to restrain/hold/transport and utilize quick body movements as indicated in the Behavior Intervention Plan in the course of working with children with challenging behavior.
- Must have the manual dexterity to perform specific computer and electronic device functions.
- Must be physically present at the assigned job location, including home, school, and community placements.
- Must be able to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Must have visual acuity to read and comprehend written communication through a computer, electronic devices, and paper means.
Benefits and Perks
- Benefits package with generous company contribution: medical & dental
- 401k with company match
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid CEUs and credentialing provided
- Intensive field training program upon hire
- Group and 1:1 training
- Professional development and career advancement opportunities
- Sign-on bonus available
- Out-of-state relocation expense reimbursement available
Please include your favorite TV show in your cover letter, why you want to work for ABS, and one moment in particular that made you realize you love ABA.