At the Federal Bureau of Prisons' Correctional Institution in Fort Dix, NJ the Registered Nurse provides direct patient care services in accordance with legal, ethical and institution standards. Provides nursing care of a general nature to inmates in the institution hospital/clinic, and may be provided to patients in specific areas, e.g., psychiatric, operating room, orthopedics, geriatrics, etc.
Grade 05: Bachelors of Science in Nursing; OR, Associates Degree in Nursing, plus 1 year of RN work experience.
Grade 07: Bachelors of Science in Nursing, plus 1 year of RN work experience; OR, Associates Degree in Nursing, plus 2 years of RN experience; OR, 1 year of graduate education in Nursing with no experience.
Grade 09: Bachelors of Science in Nursing, plus 2 years of RN experience; OR, Associates Degree in Nursing, plus 3 years of RN experience.
Grade 10: Bachelors of Science in Nursing, plus 3 years of RN experience; OR, Associates Degree in Nursing, plus 4 years of RN experience; OR, Masters Degree in Nursing with no work experience.
Work Environment: Federal Prison
Additional Conditions of Employment:
- This is a Federal Law Enforcement position.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the U.S. or national.
- Be clear of any criminal convictions. (Felony record and/or misdemeanor conviction of domestic violence) 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(9) 1117
- Applicant must pass a drug screening, background investigation, and credit check.
- Applicant must be able to complete the Physical Abilities Test (PAT) during a 3-week training program. The test includes 1/4 run, 75lbs dummy drag, short obstacle course, stair climb, and ladder climb.
- Law Enforcement Retirement
- Federal Government Insurance Plans: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life
- Thrift Savings Plan w/ 5% matching contributions
- 40 hour work week
- Paid Time off for CME's
- Federal Student Loan Repayment Assistance (based on available funding & requires agency approval)
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Paid Annual Leave and Sick Leave
Salary Ranges (base pay):
Grade 05: $41,868 – $52,049
Grade 07: $47,661 - $60,278
Grade 09: $53,154 - $68,582
Grade 10: $58,535 - $75,524
Salary is based on multiple factors including: the Grade level, available pay incentives, and current/most recent pay for employment as a registered nurse.