Cavalier Workforce.is a specialty Healthcare Staffing company. We have relationships with major healthcare facilities and practices across the country, offering a wide array of job opportunities which includes – Registered Nurses, LPN, Medical Assistants, Therapists, Technologists, Physicians, Pharmacist etc. Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. You can get your dream job easily with Cavalier Workforce. Start your life-changing experience today.
14 weeks. Shift: 7pm-7am; will work 4 weekend days in a 6 week period; will be on call 3 shifts in a 6 week period. BLS, RRT, ACLS, NRP required. PALS desired.
Respiratory Therapist - Travel (7pm-7am)
- Performs all aspects of direct respiratory care according to physician’s orders and/or approved protocols. Consults physicians on effectiveness of therapy and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Provides appropriate ventilator support and maintains and monitors other cardiopulmonary life support equipment.
- Maintains and properly utilizes respiratory care equipment.
• Demonstrates knowledge in various modes and methods of oxygen delivery and the
equipment needed for each and can conduct prescribed therapeutic procedures to
achieve adequate oxygenation.
• Administers therapeutic procedures, understanding the purpose and benefits, and
possible effects associated with each.
• Performs diagnostic procedures as outlined in policy.
• Initiates, monitors and maintains mechanical ventilators and non-invasive ventilators and
is aware of the critical care duties and effects of such therapy.
• Independently evaluates current therapies using appropriate judgment and protocols,
making proper recommendations concerning plans of care and patient education needs.
• Documents therapy and results as required by hospital, department and regulatory
agencies. Communicates information to appropriate members of the healthcare team.
• Initiates, conducts and modifies respiratory care techniques in an emergency setting.
• Performs and evaluates blood sampling analysis with a thorough understanding of the
values, and the importance and treatment of abnormal results.
• Works independently in all patient care areas and assists co-workers with patient care
• Follows departmental safety guidelines. Completes all regulatory requirements.
• Completes annual proficiency evaluation of respiratory care equipment and procedures.
• Is proficient in the electronic medical records and its interface with the Respiratory Care