Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
ProHealth Physicians, a part of OptumCare, is Connecticut's leading health care delivery organization. ProHealth is focused on reinventing health care to help keep people healthier and feeling their best. Our family of primary care providers and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. We are privileged to be trusted by our patients with their health and well-being.
If you want to get way ahead in your career, it makes sense to be with an organization's that's way ahead of the curve. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to become Connecticut's leading primary care physician organization. With over 90 locations throughout the state of Connecticut, our family of primary care doctors and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. In fact, ProHealth serves every county and provides roughly ten percent of the primary care delivered to patients in the state. We're leaders in thinking and in serving our communities. For instance, we're a C.M.S. approved Accountable Care Organization (ACO), covering over 30,000 Medicare patients associated with our community-based primary care providers. We're also nationally recognized as a NCQA Level III Medical Home. That kind of progressive leadership makes us perfect fit for OptumCare and UnitedHealth Group's expanding family of providers. This is a place where you can stay way ahead as you do your life's best work.(sm)
ProHealth Physicians has an immediate opening for a friendly, customer-focused and detail-oriented pharmacist to join our clinical / research team. This full-time position will be based Farmington, CT and will be an 8 am to 5 pm opportunity. The pharmacist will work with a multi-disciplinary team to conduct a quality improvement demonstration project intended to increase performance of Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) vaccination of eligible patients. The clinical pharmacist will work with primary care providers and office staffs across the state of Connecticut to increase HPV vaccination rates. A successful candidate will possess strong project management and clinical knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Oversee and participate in data collection and analysis activities related to the project
- Work directly with primary care providers to identify, understand, and address barriers and facilitators for HPV vaccination among eligible patients
- Perform "educational outreach" visits to provider offices, field questions, and discuss patient challenges/opportunities
- Develop, disseminate, and deliver performance reports and educational materials on the project from organizational and patient care perspectives
- Communicate strategy and goals between various PHP stakeholders including office & clinical staff, company leadership, information technology staff, and patients
- Attend and/or present at relevant company-wide, and site-specific meetings in order to effectively inform trends and best practice
- Participate in workshops, trainings, and continuing education regarding HPV vaccination
- Serve as the primary contact for provider offices participating in the QI project
- Identify new opportunities to support delivery of vaccination services and patient outreach
- Anticipate and respond to site challenges related to the QI project and identify educational opportunities for improvement
- Coordinate and conduct collection, analysis, and write up of project deliverables
- Design protocols to generate, interpret, and store data on both the aggregate and patient level
- Conduct and perform other duties as assigned
- Pharm D degree
Current and unrestricted pharmacist license for the state of Connecticut
1+ years of experience working in a pharmacy or customer service / patient consultation setting as a licensed Pharmacist
Basic level of experience with MS Word and the ability to type and navigate in a Windows environment
Must be flexible and available to work the designated shift
Ability to work on weekends and holidays as scheduled
Careers with Optum: Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.