Decton is recruiting for a Medical location in the Cypress area seeking a Clinical Physician. If you are interested please submit your resume and call/txt Yesenia 949-207-1005.
The Clinical Investigator - Physician will fulfill the role of Principal Investigator (PI) or Sub-Investigator
(Sub-I) as the study dictates. The position is responsible for ensuring that the protocol is conducted to
plan and according to all applicable regulations. The Physician will conduct clinical project/trials and
provide oversight of subjects, clinical research staff and the management of data.
Essential Job Functions
1. Responsible for protecting the rights, safety, and welfare of all subjects.
2. Provide both emergent and non-emergent medical care to subjects:
• Assess Adverse Events and Serious Adverse Events as needed
• When in the facility, the Physician will respond with the Emergency Response Team when a code is called
3. Administer the Informed Consent process to potential subjects per site SOP guidelines.
4. As a Principal Investigator the additional duties and responsibilities are required:
• Attend meetings related to the study, such as but not limited to:
o Pre-study Meetings, Site Initiation Visits, and Investigator meetings.
o Dose Strategy Meetings
o Safety Review/Dose Escalation Meetings
o Monitor/Sponsor meetings and Close-Out Visit Meetings
5. Review and thoroughly understand all assigned protocols and study procedures.
• Create a protocol synopsis with key relevant details of the protocol
6. Provide training on all assigned protocols and study procedures. Training consists of but is not limited to:
• Post-SIV Training
• Dosing Training
7. Sign-off on the Delegation of Authority Log and delegating only those staff that are qualified and appropriately trained on the protocol.
8. Provide guidance to staff/recruitment and answer any protocol-related enrollment issues.
9. Responsible for discussing any medical or protocol-related issues with the medical monitor.
10. Sign-off on any protocol deviations and Note-To-Files.
11. Responsible for performing procedures such as, but not limited to:
• Being present for initial dosing
• Conducting Physical Exams
• Reviewing labs and EKGs
• Assessing out of range vitals
• Assessing AEs and SAE
• Performing call-backs/follow-ups for any safety issues/reporting diseases to the
appropriate agencies, etc.
• Confirming subject’s eligibility prior to enrollment into the study
12. Ensuring subjects continue to meet eligibility throughout the study.
13. Responsible for signing off on the eCRF’s
Core Competency: Quality Improvement
Understands the value of innovation and of quality improvement; Improves processes and practices by
identifying inefficiencies and redundancies; Collaborates with relevant personnel to improve the quality
of products and service; Demonstrates efficiency and quality in one’s own work; Manages and sustains
Core Competency: Stewardship
Uses individual and clinical site resources effectively and efficiently; Performance consistent with the
clinical site and safety standards; Protects physical and intellectual property; Leverages resources for
optimal outcomes; Actions consistent with the company policies.
Core Competency: Accountability
Accepts full responsibility for finding solutions to problems; Takes ownership in the mission of the
clinical site and understands role in employee success and satisfaction; Effectively addresses setbacks
Core Competency: Communication
Expresses thoughts clearly and respectfully both orally and in writing; Demonstrates effective listening
skills; Clearly understands instructions and conveys information effectively.
• Current California License as a MD/DO
• Experience as a Clinical Investigator is preferred
• Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification required
• Current American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification required
• Current American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification
• Board Certification recommended