Clinical Risk Manager
At Emory Healthcare, we integrate science and caring to change the face of health care. Our team members are courageous individuals who are willing to challenge the status quo and help find solutions to complex problems. We're empowered to influence change for, and with, our patients, their families, the community and each other.
As one of the leading academic medical systems, we're eager to share what we learn with hospitals around the country, and the world. We've got the backing, knowledge, experience and permission to lead the way in developing new and better approaches to preventing and treating disease, and our patients get treatments years before anyone else.
We're defining a new standard of care for humankind. Are YOU ready to join us?
- Collaborates with clinical leadership, Quality staff, and others as appropriate, to implement, monitor, and evaluate the organization's healthcare safety plan.
- Works with members of the healthcare delivery team to facilitate continuous improvement in healthcare safety initiatives, reduce medical errors and other factors that contribute to adverse patient outcomes.
- Assesses institutional risks and individual adverse occurrences and near misses.
- Collaborates on development of adverse event reporting and monitoring procedures and analysis of trends.
- Communicates with the healthcare team to identify and resolve safety issues in compliance with The Joint Commission standards.
- Promotes and assists with staff education programs to maximize patient, visitor, and employee safety.
- Embraces and promotes the Emory Healthcare Care Transformation Model.
- Takes 24/7 call for clinical and non-clinical safety issues monthly.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Bachelor's preferred.
- Seven years of nursing experience with at least three years of recent hospital based nursing, preferably in a specialty area.
- Must have a valid, active unencumbered Nursing license or temporary permit approved by the Georgia Licensing Board.