Iowa Kidney Physicians has provided comprehensive care to adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients for over 40 years. Our care team includes board certified, fellowship trained nephrologists, as well as experienced advanced practitioners and a skilled nursing staff. We are currently seeking a CMA or LPN to join our team.
The position requires knowledge of the medical specialty of nephrology, and medical terminology. The ideal candidate must have exceptional people skills; good grammar and spelling; excellent phone etiquette; a high degree of professionalism; and top-notch organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task. Medical assistants must be able to convey a physician’s medical lingo to patients in a way that they understand. They must also ensure that all information is transmitted with a high degree of accuracy. One of the most important traits of medical assistants is their listening skills.
Essential functions of the position include but are not limited to:
- Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic vital information, preparing patient for examination and treatment.
- Responsible for tracking system for follow-up appointments related to office visits, laboratory tests, and procedures to regularly follow patients monitoring disease status.
- Answer questions and provide teaching to patients and family members.
- Adhering to all confidentiality principles and laws
- Communicating with a large variety of individuals (and adapting that communication as needed)
- Respecting patient diversity regarding culture, race, religion, age, gender, economic status, etc.
- Remaining professionals regarding all patient and professional interactions, either written or face-to-face
- Remaining in compliance with all safety and risk management procedures
- Ensuring a high level of effective interaction with staff and patients as to optimize workflow efficiency
- Maintaining accurate patient records
- Practicing standard precautions
- Documenting patients, observations, and clinical treatments
- Ensuring that all care is provided within ethical and legal boundaries
- Identifying consequences of failing to understand the scope of their practice
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Reporting directly to a physician, clinical coordinator, or practice administrator
- Performing medical procedures and tests under the direct supervision of a physician or physician assistant
- Assisting physician exams and tests
- Interviewing patients
- Instructing patients on medication administration, diet, exercise, and other physician-directed orders
- Keeping accurate patient records and ensuring that all related reports, information, and lab results are filed and organized with their patient records
- Keeping exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies and instruments
- Preparing examination rooms between patients
- Sterilizing medical instruments
- Answering phone calls from patients, physicians, and pharmacies
- Calling in prescriptions and prescription refills
- Maintaining accurate logs regarding office supplies and equipment
- Measuring and recording vital signs, including:
- Blood pressure
Iowa Kidney Physicians offers competitive wages as well as an outstanding benefit package, which includes the following: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flex Spending, Life and Accidental Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K Retirement, Profit Sharing , potential yearly bonus and a generous PTO allocation.
If you possess these qualifications and are interested in applying, we look forward to hearing from you.