Community Wellness Coordinator
The Art Academy of Cincinnati is in need of a part-time (20 hours per week) Community Wellness Coordinator.
The position of the AAC Community Wellness Coordinator (CWC) is seeking to hire a Registered Nurse, Physician’s Assistant, or Advance College of Nursing Student to evaluate student, faculty, and staff health for our educational community of around 300 individuals.
- Use the Nursing Process, a critical thinking model, to determine a course of nursing care. The CWC conducts and coordinates daily wellness check assessments, as needed for the AAC Community of Students, Faculty, and Staff; develops a nursing diagnosis; provides outcomes identification; and plans and implements evidence-based coordination of care, health teaching, health promotion, evaluation of care and outcomes;
- Address health promotion and disease prevention for both individual and population health;
- Promote biopsychosocial health and well-being of students and intervene with health problems with a core focus of keeping students healthy and in school, which is essential for academic success;
- Collaborate with public health partners for screenings, referrals, follow up and communicable disease surveillance;
- Understand and educate others, including students, faculty, and staff, about most recent guidelines for safety and health of the community;
- Provide training of other school staff on appropriate health and safety procedures related to health, including emergency preparedness and be an instrumental member of the AAC COVID 19 Task Force;
- Provide coordination of care of students and staff with acute illnesses or injuries by rendering first aid and training for school staff;
- Practice in a manner that is ethical and culturally congruent, with effective communication in all areas of practice in an environmentally safe and healthy manner;
- Coordinates plan for isolating and quarantine procedures for students who become symptomatic for COVID 19. This also includes referring students to testing sites and coordinating communication with the Department of Health.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved PA or RN training program and possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a PA or RN in the State of Ohio.
- Prefer as a minimum, nursing experience in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility, or other related medical facility
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
The AAC is committed to providing equal opportunity for employment and advancement to all team members and potential team members. There will be no discrimination in employment practices because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability (except where reasonable accommodation would not enable the disabled person to adequately perform the essential functions of the position) , military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Art Academy of Cincinnati