Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday - Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Support I
Requisition #: 62467
Responds to routine compensation review requests. Performs job documentation, job evaluation, and other compensation activities to ensure that Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta's compensation program is fair and competitive.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration, or related field
- No professional certifications required
- Two years of experience in compensation, finance, or related field or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Healthcare experience
- CCP certification
- MarketPay experience
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Knowledge of state and federal employee compensation laws and regulations
- Highly proficient in the use and application of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Maintains job descriptions, job codes, and pay structures.
- Researches and responds to questions, interprets policies, and assists with review of compensation issues.
- Provides job offer consultations to recruiters to ensure equity and competitiveness.
- Creates and/or tracks offer letters.
- Reviews and approves employee transactions and transaction exceptions, and ensures compliance with related compensation guidelines, policies, and practices.
- Works closely with the HRIS and Payroll teams to upload employee, job code, and structure changes as well as bonus and incentive payouts.
- Completes salary surveys and coordinates salary survey database updates.
- Completes regular compensation audits and reports.
- Completes job evaluations and internal equity reviews.
- Assists with special projects as requested.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS*Bending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Climbing - Not PresentLifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Sitting - Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)Standing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Walking - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistanceHearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.WORKING CONDITIONS*No potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1575 Northeast Expressway, Bldg 1, Atlanta, GA 30329
Function: Human Resources - Human Resources