We're an Army hospital located in Fort Riley, Kansas. An active duty Army instillation in Manhattan, Kansas - home to Kansas State University! We serve a population of nearly 50,000 active duty Soldiers, family members and retirees in the community. Irwin Army Community Hospital is located in Fort Riley, Kansas which is uniquely located in the rolling Flint Hills region of the Midwest. We are nestled between Junction City (pop.17,000) and Manhattan (pop. 57,000), the local area has an abunandance of fun and exiciting activites for you to explore! So get ready to expereince a new kind of life with #FlintHillsLiving
Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
- Is responsible for the operation of CT scanners and auxiliary devices within the scope of designated locations. Operates all equipment safely, ensuring that radiation exposure is set to provide the lowest dose for reasonable image quality as overseen by staff radiologists.
- Responsible for performing routine CT procedures at a very high standard with an increasing knowledge and ability to perform specialty studies with experience. Must be able to set equipment parameters, provide patient assessment and education, provide accurate patient preparation and provide venous access for the safe administration of contrast material.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of contrast reactions and responses and be able to respond immediately to patient needs.
- Ensuring that all staff are operating equipment optimally and safely by adhering to policies, procedures and protocols
- Maintains an organized flow of the patients scheduled, coordinates examinations in the most efficient order and performs exams in a sequence which minimizes the patient's stay in the hospital.
- Acts as a liaison for communication between other departments and assists when called upon for special projects that have been approved by the Radiology Department Leadership team.
Our civilian team members are eligible for full federal benefits packages which include:
- 401k (TSP, 5% match)
- Retirement pension (FERS, five years to be vested)
- Health, life, long-term, vision, and dental insurance for the employee and family members
- Competitive pay, regular cost of living and time in service base salary increases.
- Performance awards
- Paid on-the-job training and developmental opportunities
- Ten paid federal holidays, ample vacation days, separate sick leave that does not expire
- Recruitment and retention incentives
- Free parking at work
- USO Airport Lounge Access
- Access to MWR services and activities which include childcare options
- Military service buy-back eligibility
You can learn more about Army Civilian Benefits .