This Consultant job represents a great career opportunity with IQVIA's Patient Centered Endpoints (PCE) team. The aim of the team is to ensure that the patient voice is adequately considered in clinical trial outcomes and beyond. We lead the industry in the application of scientific methods to measure the patient experience of their disease and of new treatments, often through the development and application of Clinical Outcomes Assessment (COA) and Patient Reported Outcome (PRO) tools. Our diverse team of Patient Centered Endpoints experts works together to develop, deploy, and validate COA instruments that capture patient-centric data, analyze and interpret outcomes, and translate the information to advance the initiatives of life science companies.
The Consultant role is key to this fast-growing, highly successful team that operates from multiple locations across the US and Europe. We are one of IQVIA's global centres of excellence and we have experts in strategic consulting, COAs, psychology, epidemiology, regulatory strategy, statistics and psychometrics, and digital data collection.
The position is preferably office based in Basel, Amsterdam, Paris, Madrid, Cambridge, Reading, London, Munich or Warsaw. However, home based applicants will also be considered.
Consultants are responsible for managing projects in the field of patient-centred endpoints and communicating insights and recommendations to clients. In this central role in project delivery, Consultants are supported by senior colleagues, and encouraged in their career development.
- Develop a broad knowledge of patient science and how it addresses client needs for evidence generation and dissemination
- Serve as the day-to-day manager for projects
- Perform quantitative or qualitative analysis to identify client issues and develop client deliverables
- Direct junior team members
- Create reports, presentations and workshops
- Communicate findings and recommendations to the project team and the client
- Assist with business development and proposals
- Identify opportunities for expansion of PCE offerings or improvements to practices
- Engage in thought leadership (e.g. publications) and development of intellectual property for use on future engagements
- Support people-related activities such as recruitment, training and development
- Lead special initiatives such as knowledge management and process improvement
Essential experience, skills and education required
- A strong academic track record including a relevant advanced academic degree (e.g. biological sciences, public health, epidemiology, psychology, sociology, health economics) and/or 3 or more years relevant experience
- Familiarity with COA/PRO, patient preference and/or real-world evidence methods
- Excellent conversational and business English (written and oral); additional languages an advantage
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presenting, facilitating meetings and workshops, business and report writing
- Demonstrable analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills
- 2+ years in consulting within the pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with evidence of career progression
- Minimum of 1+ years project management experience
- Strong capability in juggling priorities so that deadlines are met while retaining consistently high quality outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals
- Adaptability and an ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge
- Knowledge of consulting methodologies, tools, and techniques
What we offer
- A great role in an international organization where learning and development are central
- Coaching and training to strengthen skills such as project management and business development
- A personal development plan and regular discussions to work on professional development
- A dynamic, flexible, open and informal working environment and a close team that values teamwork and co-creation
- Interesting projects in an exciting field
- Regular meetings and inspiration sessions with colleagues
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.