Serves as the critical point of contact for both public and internal (employee, patient, visitor) customers: properly greeting and recording requests. Serves as the link between customers and various hospital departments for problem resolution. Efficiently performs all duties related to directory assistance and documentation and dispatch of work requests utilizing the hospital - designated software(s).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Utilizes telephony and software systems to accurately identify and greet callers, record requests, document and properly assign work requests for all services helped by the CSC.
- Effectively handles and resolves challenging customer situations through appropriate communication methods. Promptly identifies and escalates challenging situations to appropriate leadership.
- Responds calm and performs effectively during emergent and/or stressful situations.
- Monitors and responds to web and email requests in an efficient manner.
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize emergency calls. Successfully passes proficiency checklists for dispatch of all urgent requests.
- Performs all position-appropriate duties in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
- Demonstrates commitment to customer service - and ability to work positively and productively as part of a team environment - are basic requirements.
- Expectations listed are intended to describe “essential” functions only and management retains the right to reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Excellent phone and customer service skills.
- Ability to read and write in the English language.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of software.
- Ability to comprehend instructions, correspondence, memos and other forms of verbal and written communications.
- Ability to be successful in a stressful, fast-paced environment, handling difficult situations and conflict resolution when necessary.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience