Similar jobs like this one
Cytotechnologist - (Cyt – Cytotech - Cytologist)
Cytotechnologist I 10K Sign on Bonus
There will be a $10,000 sign-on bonus for this position!
Do good work on behalf of better health!
We are growing and in need of several CytoTechs to work in our busy clinical lab in Tempe. This position will work on both Hospital and clinical reference cases in a team oriented, training focused work environment.
Due to our joint venture between Quest diagnostics and Banner health, we offer a variety of tests to work on for both GYN and NGYN. Using our cutting edge technology, we offer a home with upward mobility and the opportunity to grow in your technical skills.
Responsible for quality and productive microscopic examination and evaluation of gynecological and non-gynecological specimens, primarily for the diagnosis of malignant and pre-malignant conditions. This position may assist with fine needle aspiration collection and NGYN and FNA screening. Proficiency testing and continuing education are required for all cytotechnologists. This position is required to keep daily workload records in accordance with CLIA '88.
- Completion of cytotechnology program from a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) school. ASCP certification or eligible required.
- Students may be hired at the job title equivalent of a future Cytotechnologist under the following conditions: Student is enrolled in a cytotechnology program at CAAHEP school with a completion date within six (6) months of hire. Student must pass the ASCP Board Certification at the first opportunity but no later than 3 months after program completion
- A Bachelor's degree is required for individuals registered by the ASCP after September 1, 1994.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- This position requires attaining 90% on an internal proficiency test at the time of interview.
- This position requires passing annually the required CAP-PT (or approved alternative by CLIA).
- This position requires maintaining 80% proficiency on quarterly GYN CAP mailings as well as 24 continuing education credits each year.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.