Positions in this function include those responsible for designing/developing, programming, maintaining and publishing operational reports. Provides operational analysis utilized for decision making. May make recommendations based on the analysis, and provide explanations for reporting results as needed. May be done for internal operational purposes as well as for customers. Basic, structured, standard approach to work.
- Intake all internal and external report requests, ad-hoc or scheduled reports and track all development stages until delivery
- Responsible for quality assurance of all report requests. Data Analyst 1's immersive knowledge of the system of care, front-end and back-end ensures correct reports are created without repeat modifications. All reports must pass a quality assurance before release
- Support the Reporting Services development team with the ability to translate the request from the front end forms to the back end data
- Ensuring suite-wide compliance to Data Release Governance program
- Represent Optum as lead in Reports Improvement Committee among other ad-hoc reporting meetings
- 1+ years of experience in business/finance including analysis experience with a solid understanding of data storage structures
- Experience gathering requirements from the client/business and documenting
- Intermediate level of proficiency with PC based software programs and automated database management systems (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- 1+ years experience in analysis of business process and workflow and providing an evaluation, benchmark and/or process improvement recommendations
- 1+ years of experience with project methodology (requirements, design, development, test and implementation)
- Incredibly proficient in customer relations and the ability to manage up and down
- Deliberate and task-oriented; position has on-going deadlines
- Other duties as assigned
- Project Management experience
- Basic SQL language skills
- Knowledge of the CCBH/Anasazi Product or other Electronic Health Record System
- Ability to be detail oriented: gather specifications, modifications, etc.
- Ability to manage own time and tasks
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Analyst, San Diego, CA, California