Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Join us on our exciting journey!
The Analytics Center of Excellence
A core part of R&D Solutions Applied Data Science Center, our Analytics Center of Excellence (ACOE) harnesses our global healthcare insights, working closely with our clinical and therapeutic experts to power evidence-driven design, speed site activation and recruit the right patients, faster. This is a new unit within our business, integrated within Clinical Operations. We're using big data and advanced analytics to derive insights that transform clinical development and bring new medicines to patients faster through successful trial delivery.
This multi-functional team is an innovation for our business, requiring entrepreneurial and independent thinking to build our capability. Unique and with a global view, this Center of Excellence is a chance to revolutionize the clinical research industry.
As a Data Analytics & Insights NEMEA Lead with balanced analytics, technology, and consulting experience, you will serve as the primary liaison providing direct support and connection between ACOE Analytics and IQVIA R&D Solutions' organizations and related external organizations primarily in NEMEA to drive digital innovations. Embedded in the R&D Solutions' key business processes, you will lead business stakeholder engagements to identify and prioritize business problems to be addressed with data analytics. You will oversee and coordinate your team members in the design, development and delivery of data analytics solutions to address identified business problems, working with other ACOE team members, e.g. GSM (Global Solutions Manager) as needed. This role is a key analytics interface between stakeholders and Analytics and must have the ability to interpret requests and provide insights to support the overall business needs.
Specific activities include:
- Embedded in the R&D Solutions' key business processes, identify and prioritize business problems to be addressed with data analytics;
- In collaboration with ACOE Global Solutions Managers and R&D Solutions business owners, build country-/region-level analytics team capabilities that will develop and deliver clinical analytics leveraging country-level IQVIA data assets to support R&D Solutions needs;
- Lead analytic execution by managing local country / region and off-shore analytics teams on project;
- Develop and execute the regional team's strategies aligned with the wider ACOE strategies;
- Provide methodology and data leadership to offerings development team to build out new capabilities leveraging data and analytic methodologists to address R&D business objectives based on local country data and methods;
- Support business partnership and empower data-driven decisions by working with structured and unstructured data sets, building analytics solutions and advising business stakeholders on data solutions development;
- Lead data innovation task force and guide the development and delivery of high value and differentiating analytic insights to enhance trial strategy and execution;
- Integrate custom analytics (e.g. clustering, predictive, prescriptive) to support data-driven decision making using advanced computing tools;
- Translate and communicate results, recommendations and opportunities to improve data solutions to internal and external leadership with easily consumable reports and presentations;
- Stay updated on IQVIA offerings and newly acquired assets for developing R&D Solutions opportunities and identify new areas of growth, outside the scope of existing solutions, e.g. data exploration, data acquisition, visualization;
- Proactively continue to strengthen subject matter expertise within business partnership;
- Direct analytical methodology research, project execution, streamlining processes and efficiencies.
Qualifications and capabilities:
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Statistics, Economics, Econometrics, and Computer Science or a related field - alternatively, a relevant combination of education, training and work experience;
- At least five years of relevant quantitative experience analyzing data;
- Experience working with large volumes of complex health / claims data;
- A good understanding of data modelling, visualization, e.g. Spotfire, Tableau, Power BI;
- Experience with R or Python (Python preferable);
- Experience with Spark, SparkR, and PySpark within distributed environment is preferred;
- Strong SQL and/or Hive skills;
- A solid understanding of data science, ML / AI with a sound foundation in statistics;
- Strong people and performance management experience;
- Ability to bridge the technical expertise of data engineers and data scientists with the operational expertise of business functions and business managers;
- Strong understanding of local / regional health sector and data;
- Demonstrated project leadership;
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication and presentation skills;
- Local language skills, to an advanced level (spoken and written), with complete fluency in English.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™
Job ID: R1075966