About our company
IQVIA is the Human Data Science Company™
By harnessing advances in technology, data science, and domain expertise, Human Data Science enables our best thinking and problem solving in healthcare. It brings together machine learning, predictive analytics, and the right expertise needed to answer challenging questions and uncover new insights.
Healthcare needs our best thinking. To push human health forward, we need to reframe how decisions are made and rethink how healthcare works. That means having a point of view on the topics and trends making an impact around the world and bringing new ideas and innovative approaches to the people who can use them now. ->Learn more about IQVIA: https://www.iqvia.com
Join a great team of young & smart talents!
Join a team of data-driven consultants for the main services/consultancy provider dedicated to the Healthcare Industry.
In the Commercial Services, we partner with commercial and operational stakeholders in the pharmaceutical industry to support them leveraging and interpreting data and make evidenced-based decisions for their commercial strategy.
Tasks and responsibilities
As a Data Science Consultant or Senior Consultant you will work with the consulting team and additional IQVIA stakeholders to manage and execute data analysis and modelling using real world evidence data for clients in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Collaborate with a team of data analysts in order to define, document, and automate methodologies and processes for different data types - with a focus on real world patient data
- Execute data extractions, data cleaning, data transformations and modelling
- Support the consulting team with data quality issues and problem solving across departments
- Participate in client discussions and projects to assist with design of analyses and reporting
- Become an expert in treatment dynamics across different therapeutic areas, to provide high quality, timely development and on-time input to the consulting team
- Be proactive in implementing quality process improvements and adopting new data processing platforms
- Support junior data analysts and data scientists in their development
Required knowledge, skills & abilities
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer sciences or engineering
- Minimum 3 years related experience in the healthcare industry (more experience for Senior Consultant position)
- Strong experience with SAS and SQL and working with large data sets
- Knowledge of R and/or Python, and experience with modelling is a plus
- Excellent command of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is a must
- Fluent in English, French and/or Dutch
Specific skills and abilities
- A positive drive with a hands-on spirit, and a pragmatic, innovative approach
- Detail oriented, with an analytical mindset and willingness to solve problems
- Team player and ability to work in a multicultural team and across departments
- Spirit of accountability, sense of initiative and continuous improvement
- Shows the ability to manage multiple projects, juggle priorities and deliver on tight deadlines
What is in it for you?
- Embark on a job with a sense: opportunity to move healthcare forward
- A solid onboarding program and HR framework to support your personal development
- A key job in a double-digit growing department, residing in a safe multinational company
- Opportunity to work with smart people on a large variety of projects across a large variety of therapeutic areas for small-sized to major companies across Pharmaceuticals, FMCG, MedTech and Biotech companies.
- Opportunity to learn innovative methodologies and tools on the job
- Possibilities to explore further your specific domain of interest
- Great team and company spirit
- Possibility of lateral moves within the Belgian structure or within the group at regional/global level.
Career opportunities at IQVIA
If the above-mentioned role does not match with your professional aspirations, please consult our job pages to discover other vacancies and apply, or join our Talent Network: https://jobs.iqvia.com/
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com