- Obtain and records related medical history of patient. Charts examination and treatment information. Records information on prescriptions.
- Provides assistance in restorative, prosthodontic, oral surgical, endodontic, or periodontal treatment.
- Sterilizes instruments, materials, and equipment; prepares surgical trays.
- Assists dentist at chair side. Performs intra-oral procedures as directed by dentist.
- Operates dental X-ray equipment to take intra and extra oral radiographs.
- Must have a certificate or Associate Degree as a dental assistant/technician from a program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreitation (CODA) of the American Dental Association (ADA) and 12 months experience within the last three years
- Three years experience within the last 5 years as a dental assistant in a private practice or a military setting
- All training must have included a course in radiography
- At least six months of experience as a Dental Assistant after graduation