Similar jobs like this one
GLC Government is seeking a Dental Assistant to work at a Federal Correctional Institution in
Berlin, Berlin, New Hampshire.
Hours : Monday - Thursday excluding Federal Holidays between the hours of 8:00AM to 4:00PM
with a thirty (30) minute unpaid lunch period. Not exceeding 32 hours per week.
• Must possess specialty training and/or certification as a Dental Assistant with dental
• Must have CPR certification
• 2 year s’ experience as a Dental Assistant
• The Dental Assistants shall be responsible for, but not limited to providing duties:
• Chair -side dental assistance in the following dental disciplines: operative, prosthetics,
endodontic, periodontics, radiology, and oral surgery.
• Sterilization and disinfection techniques of instruments.
• Administrative functions, such as, filing, scheduling appointments, and inventorying
• Familiarity with four -handed dentistry with respect to all t echnical methods and
• Possess a working knowledge of instruments, types of restorative materials and
methods used for the purpose of making impressions.
• Knowledge of oral and dental anatomy and must be able to chart the intraoral findings.
• Assis t the staff Dentist with oral surgery, operative procedures, prosthetics, radiology,
endodontic, preventive, and clerical duties.
• Selects and applies medication in proper portion and anti -cariogenic agents to surface of
teeth Applies medication prescribed by a Dental Officer to gingiva to promote healing
• Fabricates and repairs dental prosthesis and appliances under supervision
• Performs procedures pursuant to fabrication and repair of complete denture prosthesis
and removable partial prosthesis
• Uses acrylic resins and porcelain as basic materials
• Takes radiographs of patients using standard and digital dental radiographic, panelipse,
cephalometric, and transcranial equipment
• Obtains diagnostic quality periapical, occlusal, lateral, jaw, TMJ, and pano graphic