Dental Assistant Mobile - No Nights or Weekends
Position at 360care
This position is responsible for visiting long term care facilities and assisting physicians with dental care. Main duties include maintaining clinical records and charts through electronic medical records and care and cleaning of medical equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist doctor with patient care in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Reviews, verifies and maintains current and accurate clinical records, charts, and medical history through electronic medical records.
- Assures integrity of all documentation.
- Updates patient odontogram for every patient encounter.
- Efficiently passes instruments and supplies to the dentist for appropriate care being rendered.
- Maintains the treatment area by evacuation, washing, isolating, drying and illuminated properly.
- Provides daily feedback and works in conjunction with branch office to optimize dental schedule and reporting.
- Efficiently manages patient flow of facility visit and may push wheel chair.
- Balance and generate daily production reports and provide to dentist upon departure.
- Accurately posts the dental charges to the appropriate provider in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for all care and cleaning of medical equipment.
- Troubleshoots equipment issues and reports to proper resources.
- Maintains and schedules planned maintenance for dental equipment.
- Responsible for clean-up of service area used facility.
- Inspect and maintain the vehicles exterior and interior appearance, as well as, perform basic support undertakings like routine oil changes, refueling the vehicle, change break lights, etc.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by auditing stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies.
- Manage resources by preparing supplies with minimum waste or need for duplication.
- Ensure all dental equipment is working properly by completing preventive maintenance requirements, and following manufactures instructions.
- Assists dentist diagnosis by exposing and processing digital dental radiographs.
- Assist with education of patients on proper oral hygiene techniques.
- Able to multitask, be detail oriented and demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong knowledge of medical and dental terminology.
- Ensure a positive experience for our patients.
- Follows all OSHA and HIPAA guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with all patients, family members, providers, faculty, and staff.
- Provide timely responses to patient inquiries; document conversations in the EMR.
- Requires travel up to 100% of the time.
- Actively supports and complies with all components of the compliance program, including, but not limited to, completion of training and reporting of suspected violations of law and Company policy.
- Reacts positively to change and performs other duties as assigned.
- High School education or GED.
- Medical / Dental Assistant experience preferred.
- Must have own reliable transportation, good driving record, and car insurance.
- Must have completed and passed a two-step Tuberculosis (TB) Skin Test.
- Must complete Covid screenings as required by state or facility.
- Hepatitis B vaccination is preferred.
- Must have state radiation license or certificate.
- Must have good computer skills and medical terminology experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to follow directions and listen to needs of patients and doctors.
Must be willing to travel a 2 hr radius as needed
*Mileage reimbursement offered + drive time pay
We will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer.