At Hoffman Smiles - part of Dental Whale Practice Group (DWPG) - we strive to provide exemplary, personalized dental care in a friendly, relaxing environment at an excellent value. We treat every patient with compassion and integrity, utilizing proven, efficient systems and technologies. We believe in preventative dental care for our patients and we educate them on how to maintain their dental health for life. The patient experience is our top priority and we strive to 'WOW' our patients, as well as each other. We are committed to promoting from within with excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Registered Dental Hygienist
with DWPG, you will have the support you need to grow your career. The RDH must have a clear and active license from the state.
We have been working diligently to ensure all our patients and staff feel safe and protected while in our office. We have all the proper PPE for the staff and are CDC COVID-19 compliant.
- Prepares treatment room for patient by adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols
- Prepares patient for dental hygiene treatment
- Maintains instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment
- Selects materials and equipment for dental hygiene visit by evaluating patient's oral health
- Completes dental prophylaxis
- Deliver direct dental hygiene patient care to patients as assigned
- Make impressions of patients' teeth for study casts, mouth guards or whitening
- Detects disease by completing oral cancer screening
- Applies fluorides and other cavity- preventing agents
- Fabricates restorations, cleans and polishes removable appliances
- Provide chair-side assistance to dentist
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and postoperative instructions; providing reminders of next dental hygiene visit
- Documents dental hygiene services
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Basic Life Support (BLS) certifications
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in dental hygiene
- Registered Dental Hygiene License from the state of IL
- 2 + years' experience as an RDH
- Possess outstanding time management and communication skills
- Ability to work within a team for the good of the patient and practice
- Passion for continued improvement of skills and exceptional patient experience
- Strong sense of accountability and integrity
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 2 weeks of paid time off per year
- 7 paid holidays per year (includes one floating holiday)
- 401(k) plan
- Complimentary dental care for employee and family members (within company guidelines)
Take your career to the next level join the pod!
DWPG is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or team members because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, sexual orientation, or gender identity of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. DWPG hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.