Job DescriptionJob DescriptionDermatology Nurse Practitioner / Physicians Assistant
- Great small business work environment
- Flexible scheduling
- Paid time off, health insurance, dental insurance, retirement benefit, CME stipend, and more!
DermLounge is a dermatology clinic offering a full range of skin care. Our state-of-the-art center offers patients exceptional cosmetic and medical dermatology treatments. The practice caters to all ages and skin types treating patients for a wide array of concerns, such as skin cancers, pre-cancers, acne, anti-aging treatments and more.
The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) cares for our patients within the scope of training and approved the agreement, as outlined by their governing board. Works collaboratively with other providers and staff to ensure efficient patient flow and a high level of patient satisfaction.
The Practice offers a full spectrum of treatments including Lasers, Dermal Fillers, Rejuvenative Light Sources, Chemical Peels, skin-nourishing Dermaceuticals and a full line of professional medical-grade skin care products.
The NP functions in an interdependent role by implementing the appropriate Dermatology 'Standardized Procedures' (SP)
By using the SPs, the NP is able to change treatment regimen after observing signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to treatment, general behavior and physical condition and determines if they are abnormal findings (Ca Nursing Practice Act, subsection(b) of Section 2725)
Provide and coordinate the care of patients, provide patient/family education, promote safe continuity of care.
Participate in interdisciplinary and clinical rounds, provide education and support, as well as make appropriate referrals.
Laser resurfacing (Sciton Secret Pro), and True Sculpt 3D body contouring
- performing cosmetic consultations, Botox/neurotoxin injections, filler injections,
- Perform complete, detailed, and accurate health histories, review patient records, develop comprehensive medical assessments appropriate for complaint, race, sex, and physical condition of the patient.
- Formulate medical and nursing diagnoses and institute appropriate therapy.
- Institute emergency measures and emergency treatment or appropriate stabilization measures in situations such as cardiac arrest, shock, hemorrhage, convulsions, poisoning, and allergic reactions
- Interpret and analyze patient data to determine patient status, patient management and treatment.
- Provide instructions and guidance regarding health care and health care promotion to patients/family/ significant others.
Candidates must be well-organized, professional, reliable, dexterous, and willing to learn new techniques.
The position requires physical ability to stand and perform treatments on patients for extended periods of time, while holding treatment devices by hand
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Excellent communicator with staff, patients, and family
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Active and current Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner licensure in the state of practice, DEA number, and state-controlled substance certificate, as required.
- Able to multi-task and work independently