GENERAL SUMMARY/BASIC PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Under general direction, provides second-tier support to end users for either PC, server, or EMR applications. Handles problems and insures that the first-tier of help desk support is unable to resolve. May interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or to resolve operating difficulties. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems. Maintains currency and highest level of technical skill in field of expertise.
- Assures that all tickets and requests for support are handled in a professional and timely manner.
- Accurately collects user information on all requests for assistance and enters accurate information into the problem reporting system.
- Implement all hardware requests and tickets.
- Attempts to resolve issues within the scope of the desktop before seeking escalation.
- Assists users on use of all common standard applications, or Operating Systems to solve end user problems.
- Monitors the Network, and its related resources as required, ensuring of optimal performance via system consoles and network tools.
- Utilize system utilities to identify, diagnose and to correct system problems. Escalating to vendors in a timely manner when unable to resolve the issue.
- Provides timely written documentation of problems as they occur, and updates until completed.
- Coaches help desk team members to train users on the operation of the assigned application.
- Teaches the use of all common Operating Systems to solve end user problems.
- Learns all assigned applications.
- Recommends modifications to existing procedures when appropriate, assists with the creation of new procedures and maintenance of existing procedures.
- Provides assistance and backup support for the maintenance of all systems.
- Shows interpersonal communication skills for interaction with staff, physicians, social workers, and other care givers, and other users of Information Services.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with a major in computer science, business, or public health is required.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Two or more years of appropriate experience with the systems in use at Sinai may be substituted.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- MCSE or equivalent is desired but not required.
- Self-Scheduling: 12-Hour Shifts - Days, Evenings or Nights
- Institutions: Teaching Hospital, Level 1 Trauma Center (MSH), Level 2 Trauma Center (HCH)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Long Term Care Insurance, Critical Illness & Accident Insurance, Wellness Program
- 403(b) match
- Flexible Spending, Health Savings accounts and voluntary benefits at group rates
- Train Shuttle
- Legal Protection Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Employee Discounts