We're looking for a DevOps Engineer that brings expertise, enthusiasm, and efficiency. The engineer will be a member of a close-knit team that helps establish solid infrastructure for our applications and supporting key technology solutions for our business. This empowered, self-organizing team enjoys creating, designing, and building fast and flawless delivery processes. You must be comfortable in a high pace rapidly changing work environment and possess complex problem-solving abilities. We are looking for someone with both bright ideas to help the team deliver the best solutions for meeting our customers' needs, as well as an innate ability to execute and turn these ideas into reality.
Skills You'll Bring:
You are a software developer in a cloud-native system. This position will allow you to continue to develop your existing AWS skill set. You will be working on our cloud-native SaaS platform.
- Full-stack development experience required (Ruby on Rails preferred)
- 3+ years experience building \"Infrastructure as Code\" with a strong understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) inherent in highly available, scalable environments, including capabilities such as VPC, ELB, IAM, ASG, EC2, S3, CloudTrail, Lambda, etc.
- 3+ years of working knowledge with networking and network/system security, including firewalls, IP networking, VPNs, DNS, routing, switching, load balancers, WAF/firewalls, DDOS protection, and monitoring
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Salt)
- Experience in Linux system administration, including web-centric application installation and configuration (e.g. NGINX, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with source control and CI/CD systems (Git, Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Experience with all phases of the software development life cycle, best practices, and Agile Software Development
- Ability to write effective test cases, unit testing
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain mid-level to complex applications
- Ability to self-document and guide others in the process to upgrade and maintain services.
- Demonstrated ability to produce technical specifications, design, and documentation
- Ability to learn and adapt new technologies