Direct Support Professional
The primary role of the Direct Support Professional (DSP) is to work alongside the people we support in order to help them to achieve their Personal Outcomes. This includes working with individuals with special needs to develop daily living, professional and decision making skills while also supporting their health and safety.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
- Become certified in CPR & First Aid, as well as SCIP-R, AMAP and/or Partnering for Safety (when applicable)
- Work both independently and as part of a team, and multi-task with others
- Utilize leadership skills and exhibit initiative to be a positive role model to the people we support
- Effectively communicate with team members and the people we support
- Understand directives and apply them in a variety of situations
- Directly support individuals with various intellectual disabilities, mental illnesses, and behavioral challenges
- Valid NYS Driver's License and meets the qualifications to be a driver for the agency
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent