Direct Support Professional (DSP)
The Direct Support Professional (DSP) supports the individual goals of the person served and helps them become integrated into his/ her community in the least restrictive manner. The DSP may assist in areas of mobility, activities of daily living, communication, cognition, health management, social networking, vocational, leisure time management, and community participation.
Why a DSP at Hope.. .
Make a difference in people's lives, including your own.
Here are just some of the ways Hope Network invests in you for all that you do:
- Educational Reimbursement
- Career Pathing
- Paid Training
- Employee referral bonus
- Generous paid time off
- Retirement savings plan
How you will change lives...
The Direct Support Professional will assist in the following areas of personal care and development:
- Monitor and ensure safety 24/7; this may be eyes- on, one-on-one, 15 or 30 minute checks, etc.
- Support crisis prevention, intervention, and resolution
- Establish collaborative relationships built on trust and empathy through consistent and meaningful communication
- Foster a spirit of partnership with individuals served, the community, and other professionals
Activities and Daily Living Skills
- Help build effective skills for problem-solving, communication, and independence
- Assist person served to identify and/or participate in social and leisure interest and activities such as: transport/escort to stores, concerts, movies or in house social events (barbeques, movie nights, games, etc.)
- Help person served with activities of daily living to include (but not limited to): get to and from places, dressed/undressed, bathe/shower, comb hair, trim nails, restroom assistance, and cooking
- Monitor vitals for any medical condition or illness
- Promote positive behavior
- Attend medical appointments and ensure accurate information is relayed between medical provider and care team
- Understand, read, and assist in the implementation of medical, behavioral, and/or clinical team care plans and provide accurate, timely, and descriptive documentation of such
- Connect person served with opportunities or places in their community to develop relationships with others
- Support community participation, volunteering, career goals or employment, and educational interests
- You possess a strong desire to help others with empathy, patience, understanding, enthusiasm, and dedication
- You exhibit characteristics of trustworthiness, integrity, and honesty
- You respect diversity and inclusion
- You demonstrate professionalism in communication, pleasantness, attendance, attention to accuracy and follow through, reliability, teamwork, and punctuality
- You take part in continuous education, training, and personal development and growth
We are Hopeful you have...
- High school diploma/ GED
- Valid State of Michigan driver's license
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to become certified in CPR/First Aid
- Commitment to scheduled shifts, assigned duties, and performance expectations
- Possess basic computer skills
Shift2ndPosition Type (Portal Searching)Regular Full-TimeBonus$750 New Hire Bonus!