Director of Finance
Directs, supervises, and coordinates functions and activities, operations, policies and procedures, and processes related to ULPS services. Serves as the lead for all financial related activities for ULPS Clinics and responsible for such duties as accounting, accounts receivable, and other administrative duties the supporting the Executive Director /CEO as needed. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
Minimum of five years progressively responsible related experience
Preferred: Master’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- Knowledge of accounting, financial management, Medicare, and Medicaid reimbursement principles, methods and techniques.
- Ability to understand and prepare complex written materials.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of Associates, management, and Board members, including the ability to communicate complex technical material to accountant and non-accountant management.
- Ability to schedule and organize multiple tasks and projects and to maintain control of own and others’ work flow.
- Ability to work without close supervision or guidance and to exercise independent judgement.
- Knowledge of computerized general ledger and other accounting systems and ability to use PC based analytical tools.
- Must demonstrate strong quantitative/problem solving abilities including mathematical, statistical, and computer skills.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, implements, and coordinates Finance operations for the ULPS Clinics to meet MLH corporate and division goals and objectives.
- Maintains and develops a competent, productive, and quality conscious workforce.
- Promotes, maintains, demonstrates, and communicates the value of self-development and enhancement of the professional competency of the staff through Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) activities and other educational opportunities.
- Manages and directs the financial processes for all ULPS Clinics.
- Manages and directs the process necessary to timely close out the monthly and annual Financial Statements.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates the completion of the any annual reports.
- Plans, implements, and coordinates the financial operations of the ULPS Clinics including the preparation and monitoring of the budget and assisting leaders in the development of long range plans.
- Plans, organizes, develops, and completes projects using analytical techniques for Physician Services.
- Establishes operating policies and procedures that affect organizational units. Interprets, executes, and recommends modification to organizational policies.
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: light work - exerting up to 25 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity, such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- The conditions to which the Associate will be subject in this position: The Associate is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions; job functions are typically performed under conditions such as those found in general office or administrative work.