Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a \"Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,\" Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
This position is responsible for leading and providing forecasting, financial and analytical support to DSI brand teams by assisting business leads with strategic planning and financial consulting, as well as supporting Business Development team through financial analysis and valuation process for investment and other business development opportunities. This position will guide teams in leading the revenue and analytics forecasting process, as well as financial business development valuations in order to support commercial and strategic decision making.
- Revenue Forecasting - Work with the Senior/Executive Director, to develop detailed guidance around planning processes to provide accurate projections for gross and net sales assumptions. Lead the process of all pertinent quarterly/annual revenue forecasting activities in order to support business and commercial decisions. This position will ensure that the team follows the established Revenue forecasting process, put into effect governance and controls steps to safeguard the integrity of the process and facilitate process improvement.
- Supply Chain Forecasting - Oversees Supply Chain Forecasts and works closely with that team to ensure accurate demand forecasts are in place for manufacturing. Provides ranges of forecast based on various assumptions with supporting rationale. Maintains strong communication with Supply Chain Team and provides updates to stakeholders when material changes to forecasts.
- Business Development Support - Direct the financial analysis and valuation process for business development, licensing and collaboration investments. Partner with Global Business Development and Commercial teams to understand strategic fit of the investment opportunity and to align on the forecast and valuation assumptions.
- Lead financial and due diligence efforts and ensure tax collaboration: work directly with the BD project lead as well as legal team to proactively inform them of the timelines and efforts required to complete due diligence. Assess the need and engage consultants as necessary and facilitate communication among different parties.
- Develop business partnership with key stakeholders across the business and alliance partners. Deliver clear storyline of technical forecast assumptions to partners and collaborators, ensuring their understanding and alignment with assumptions and related impacts. Keep up to date with changes in the business and communicate potential impacts of those changes.
- Coach, motivate, and develop staff to ensure high degree of service is maintained and staff remains focused on corporate goals and maintains a high level of engagement. Direct staffs to maintain high involvement with business partners in order to continue learn the competitive environment, therapeutic areas, etc. and become true business advisors to the commercial teams and continue to develop ability to clearly communicate across the organization.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree preferably Finance, Accounting, Economics required
- MBA other advanced degrees preferred
- 10 or More Years of commensurate experience in financial analysis and forecasting; preferred
- Pharma Brand Finance or Forecasting experience preferred
- Deep knowledge of therapeutic areas that DSI competes in or demonstrated ability to develop that knowledge; preferred
- Detailed knowledge of all channels of managed care environment in the US (commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.); preferred
- Sufficient understanding of financial matters to challenge and pressure-test assumptions (e.g. pricing, GTN, etc.) preferred
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.