Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a \"Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,\" Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The GSMA director with broad experience in medical affairs will work with Global LCM and Medical Communication& Publication strategy leads in the wide field of medical affairs activities, such as, to develop the GSMA publication tactical plan, data dissemination plans, and to support the alignment with brand strategy, regional medical teams, the development of GSMA business strategies, and has the oversight of all publication implementation related processes in the GSMA matrix organization.
Oversight of the implementation of consistent processes with regards to publication planning, review, publication status reporting, publication announcement, vendor selection and publication budget tracking processes across the therapeutics areas. Lead publication SOP operationalization.
- Support LCM and Communication & Publication strategy leads to implement LCM communication and publication plan
- Taking the lead of global publication implementation team GSMA to develop global publication tactical plan and support medical communication tactics execution by translating medical/publication strategy into actions.
- Taking the lead of the global publication tactical plan of GSMA by reflecting regional publication needs and by working effectively with authors, ARO, and external vendors.
- Taking the lead of the global publication review committee (PRC) to manage/liaise manuscript content review.
- Oversight and/or management of external vendors/agencies for successful execution of the Medical Communication, Medical education plan
- Oversight, and/or management of the review process of all GSMA related publications, including but not limited to abstracts, posters, oral presentations, and manuscripts from global and regional level as applicable.
- Support Senior Medical Director Global Communication and Publication Strategy development
- Support Global Data Dissemination Activities of GSMA to implement strategic data dissemination plan. This could include slide deck development with regards to data disclosures and publications, support internal and external medical education tactics
Collaborate with the Medical Director (as applicable), and respective team members to ensure robust publication plans for the Therapeutic Area and respective products.
Responsible for taking a lead of global publication implementation team by managing and translating the global publication strategy into the plan and execution. Provide critical review of materials as needed as member of the Publication Review Committee. Responsible for taking a lead of global Publication Review Committee(s). Assure timely review of manuscripts, abstracts, poster presentations, and oral presentations related to the brand(s).
Oversee external vendor/agency activities, if utilized to assure timely and accurate execution of projects within publications budget
Serve as scientific and/or medical communication resource and engage when necessary with the following: Global Brand Strategy team, Global Data Dissemination Committee, Global LCM planning team, Health Outcomes and Economic Research, Medical Information, and Clinical Development, Regulatory, and, if required, Partners, and other functions as needed.
Contribute to the development of medical communication and education plan budget (i.e. Publications, Medical Slides, and other related projects). Collaborate with Senior Medical Director responsible for Communication Strategy and Medical Program Management on tracking and management of the budget.
Oversee of the implementation of consistent processes in regards to publication planning, publication status reporting, publication communication, vendor selection and publication budget tracking processes across the therapeutics areas
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Master's Degree training or experience in therapeutic area required
- Bachelor's Degree or Advanced Degree in Health Sciences may be considered pending years of experience/qualifications required
- PharmD in Health Sciences preferred
- PhD in Health Sciences, or Post Doc preferred
- MD in Health Sciences preferred
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.