Vir Biotechnology is a clinical-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Our current development pipeline consists of five product candidates targeting SARS-CoV-2, hepatitis B virus, influenza A, human immunodeficiency virus and tuberculosis.
Vir Bio is seeking a Director to support Vir's public-private partnership efforts, which target collaborations with governments, donor agencies, and non-governmental organizations. The Director will be responsible for identifying, evaluating and establishing these partnerships and facilitating interactions with such partners, as applicable to Vir's portfolio. In addition, the Director will lead the coordination and submission of grants and/or proposals to public agencies, private foundations, and other organizations supporting Vir's efforts. The Director will report to the Vice-President, Global Health Portfolio and Public-Private Partnerships, and work closely with Alliance Management.
- Lead the internal coordination of interactions with potential public sector partners and granting agencies.
- Lead the coordination and preparation of grant and partnership proposals to potential partners.
- Advise program and project teams on potential partnership opportunities.
- Track project progress and reporting to granting agencies for successful grants.
- Create and maintain project plans, timelines, agendas, budgets, resourcing requirements, rolling summaries and other tools required to facilitate planning and coordination of grant proposals and other submissions.
- Facilitate and manage interactions with external consultants and partners.
- Support strategic projects as requested in partnership with Alliance Management, Business Development, Clinical Development, Finance and Research teams.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years of experience in a relevant industry setting with a focus in infectious diseases.
- Successful track record partnering with government and non-governmental organizations is required.
- Familiarity with U.S. government application portals, such as System for Award Management (SAM), eRA commons, and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), is highly preferred.
- Successful grant writing and grant management experience is highly preferred.
- Exceptional project management skills, including timeline and budget development.
- Significant knowledge of relevant science with hands-on experience from multiple stages of drug development.
- Excellent oral, written and scientific presentation communication skills are required.
- High emotional intelligence and ability to establish strong and trusting relationships.
- Possesses a high degree of scientific and ethical integrity.
- Strong strategic thinking with high energy level and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, ambiguous, fast-paced, respectful environment.
- Detail-oriented organizational and program management skills to manage a wide range of incoming requests and responsibilities.
- Ability to organize/prioritize workload effectively to meet deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Displays the highest levels of resilience, embracing challenges inherent in a highly dynamic environment.
- Advanced degree in life sciences, public policy or related field
Vir is a company with a compelling mission, "A World Without Infectious Disease". We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our business. This is reflected in our ongoing commitment to creating an environment focused on equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and inspired to contribute at their best, we will collectively deliver amazing results.
Vir is committed to attracting and employing a diverse workforce to strengthen our values and mission. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that Recruiters not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.