Director - Senior Care Services
Join Aspirus - recently recognized as one of the 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country, based on overall organizational performance for the 2nd year in a row.Based in Wausau, Wisconsin, Aspirus is a nationally recognized health system with a service area that extends from beautiful central and northern Wisconsin into the majestic lake shore regions of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have 8 hospitals and over 65+ primary care/specialty clinics.
We are, currently, seeking a Director of Senior Care Services at Aspirus Langlade's Adult Health Services facilities - a Catholic faith based hospsital in Antigo, WI.
Candidates must be local to the area or open to relocation at Aspirus' expense.
Aspirus Langlade Hospital is a 25-bed critical access hospital located in Antigo, Wisconsin. The hospital admits 1,300 inpatients annually with 62,000 outpatient visits each year. The Emergency Department has more than 12,000 patient visits each year. We average 180-200 births per year and perform 1,500 surgeries annually. The hospital holds The Joint Commission-National Quality Gold Seal Approval. Our Adult Health department consists of a 40 unit retirement/independent living community, 18 memory care beds, a 10 individual adult participant day care and a 25 bed CBRF (3 hospice).
Our Director of Senior Care Services provides leadership and organizational direction and management for Adult Care, Pine Meadows and Rosalia Gardens (CBRF & Memory Care) in accordance with the participants, residents and tenant's needs, payer source regulations, government regulations, Aspirus' Mission and Values, and Aspirus' policies to ensure quality care, and achieve business and financial goals/objectives. Additionally, the Director of Senior Care Services:
- Collaborates with the Hospice Director and staff in the care of Hospice patients.
- Reports to the Vice President of Human Resources and Off Campus Services, who collaborates with the Vice President of Patient Care Services regarding clinical-related care.
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration or related healthcare field required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse preferred.
- Two to five years prior healthcare leadership experience desired, preferably managing multi-facet facilities (e.g. RCAC, CBRF, etc.).
- Leadership of staff experience in geriatric or similar programming for older adults is preferred.
- Proven business acumen required.
- Ability to enhance productivity and initiate best practices and operational effectiveness.
Located in north central Wisconsin, Antigo is surrounded by thousands of acres of county forest land that provides opportunities for high adventure rafting, downhill skiing, swimming and fishing in crystal clear lakes. Being close to the heart of Wisconsin allows you access to major cities like Chicago, Milwaukee and the Twin Cities. Enjoy an exceptional school system and old-fashioned values of pride and hard work.