The Director of Strategic Program Management is a seasoned business strategist and advisor with responsibility for partnering with leaders in Optum Enterprise Analytics to provide thought leadership, strategic direction, and program management to guide growth and operational excellence. This person must convince analytic and business leaders of their own value, earn their trust and time, and work collaboratively to build actionable strategies.
The Director of Strategic Program Management will work with stakeholders across analytics and business partner teams to develop, justify, and execute key programs that advance Optum's analytic capabilities. In order to do this, the Director will have a strong understanding of competitive dynamics, customer needs, and Optum capabilities. They will build a working knowledge of major themes related to analytics, including various kinds of analytics and trends in advanced analytics capability building. The Director must be an eloquent communicator that will 'tell the story' throughout the organization to gain support for the strategy and fuel execution planning.
The Director will also make connections across the Optum and UHG as necessary.
- Lead and support cross- Optum initiatives spanning growth strategy through the use of analytics and operational excellence related to analytic development and implementation by directly scoping, initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing strategy projects
- Lead large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives; working across Optum Enterprise Analytics teams, Optum business stakeholders and and UnitedHealth Group as needed
- Deliver data-driven insights to support actionable strategic direction, corporate prioritization, and strategy communication (Executive management, Board, investors, company)
- Analyze industry trends, customer needs and internal performance
- Solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Lead in a team environment both within the Optum Enterprise Analytics team and with business unit partners/customers
- Influence Senior Leadership at Optum and UHG to adopt new ideas, products and/or approaches and gain commitment on cross-company initiatives
- Nurture and develop strong relationships with Optum business unit leaders
- Support the Optum Enterprise Analytics planning process and ad hoc projects for executives, corporate requests, and special events
- Develop self and team members, and enhance their skills and capabilities through project work and one-to-one coaching
- Attain knowledge of the analytics capability area, including understand various types of analytics or related emerging technologies, internal capabilities and performance, and external trends. This knowledge will be attained through a mix of internal information gathering and external thought leadership research
- Required Qualifications:
- BA or BS degree
- 7+ years of strategy, modeling and analytical skills to interpret data and strategic frameworks for executives
- Intermediate to advanced skills with EXCEL, PowerPoint
- Deliver data driven insights to support actionable strategic direction, corporate prioritization and strategy and communication up to the C-Suite
- Strategy focus in growing a business, strategic partnerships, acquisition activity and integration planning
- Lead large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives
- Demonstrable leadership skills in a team setting where team members are not direct reports
- Superior conceptual, analytical and financial modeling skills, with ability to succinctly interpret data and strategic frameworks for executives
- Demonstrable ability to deliver results with large-scale, cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects to ensure their quality and on-time delivery
- Occasional travel (likely 1x per month)
- MBA from a top-tier program and/or advanced degree demonstrable equivalent
- Healthcare industry experience in business development, consulting, and market strategy
- Management Consulting and/or Professional Services and/or Corporate Development
- Operational experience (operations, product development, marketing, finance, sales, etc.) a plus
- Superior communication (written/verbal), presentation, and facilitation skills
- Detail oriented and creative individual
- Demonstrated ability to make an immediate impact in a fast-paced environment with multiple and changing demands
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Strategic Program Management, Analytics, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Boston, MA, Massachusetts