Director of Surgical Services - Dallas, TX
Schedule: Full time - Days
Position Director of Surgical Services Department leads the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing operations. The Director Surgical Services has 24/7 responsibility for their departments.
•Bachelor's degree required - Magnet facility
•Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred
Minimum Work Experience
•3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR nursing required
•3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred
•MUST have acute care experience
•MUST have BIG facility experience with 20+ OR's
•Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which practices, in accordance with law and regulation required
•Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) preferred
•Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferred
Types of Services: Biggest case mix - is general, then ortho, BMT, transplant - have big kidney transplant program, do a lot of robotic womenx procedures.very lengthy cases, do everything
# of Cases per year / Annual Volumes: Volume - average on weekday around 60 cases a day, had record high year with 103 cases last year, never cleared 100
#FTE overseeing: 120
Is there Managers/Supervisor: 2 Managers
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
• Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
• Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
• Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
• Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization's financial resources.
Salary: - Salary is based on experience
Sign on: Case by case basis (will need Division approval)
Relocation: Case by case basis up to $10k
Yearly Bonus: Up to 15% of salary - Based on performance