Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The District Manager (DM) represents Daiichi-Sankyo to assigned customers. The DM hires, leads, and manages a team of Oncology Territory Managers and is accountable for the compliant promotion of the assigned product with the assigned customers.
This territory covers the Central district.
Nature and Scope:
• Demonstrate Daiichi-Sankyo values, mission, and standards, and represent the company in a positive and professional manner.
• Reporting to the Regional Business Director, oversee the promotion of the assigned products consistent with the FDA label to assigned customers, using approved messages and resources.
• Build, lead, and manage a diverse team of high performing sales professionals to attain division sales goals.
• Develop and execute comprehensive business plans.
• Develop strong relationships with customers and become a trusted resource.
• Inform strategic business decisions through collaboration with internal stakeholders.
• Identify and develop talent.
• Foster and contribute to a positive, productive, and thriving Daiichi Sankyo culture.
• Ensure that all results are achieved in compliance with all company policies and practices, as well as, all applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
Recruits, hires, trains, retains, develops and leads diverse, high performing representatives to their full potential.
- Conducts field travel with each District Representative on a consistent basis, calling on key accounts, institutions and customers as assigned by the Company.
- Completes Field Coaching Reports within 48 hours after each field ride.
- Explains and pulls through incentive compensation plan designs.
- Monitors District compliance of Field Sales promotional activity, ensuring appropriate reporting procedures are taking place.
- Identifies and acknowledges individual strengths and needs within the District.
- Maintains awareness of the development of employees within the District by working closely with employees and their Individual Development Plans.
- Contributes to the talent management and succession planning processes to ensure that talent is identified and developed.
- Models and exhibits strong behaviors with key customers by providing exceptional value and service.
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and total annual sales objectives by overseeing and managing tactical execution of brand strategies.
Develop and execute comprehensive business plans.
- Applying knowledge of the healthcare industry, trends, applicable laws and regulations, market conditions, and the market access environment (including but not limited to pharmacy economics, payer reimbursement landscape, and patient flow/influence between academic institutions, hospitals, and community practices).
- Demonstrate understanding of current or pending clinical pathways in assigned accounts, and how they influence patient treatment.
- Analyze customer needs and interests, territory performance, program outcomes, and business trends; develop and execute business plans that optimize the commercial potential of our products.
Inform strategic business decisions through collaboration with stakeholders.
- Contributes to the regional and national sales leadership teams.
- Communicates frequently and collaborates with cross-functional partners.
- Compliantly communicates with Medical Affairs colleagues as appropriate.
- Models and leads excellence in collaboration with co-promote partners
Meet all administrative expectations and standards, including budgets, reporting, and communication.
- Oversees maintenance of key customer target list.
- Effectively manages District's budget
- Models mastery of how to use reports and databases as instruments to achieve assigned goals.
- Submits complete reports, on-time, and communicates matters that are relevant to the marketplace, competition to internal stakeholders.
- Maintains all equipment and records in the prescribed manner.
- Utilizes sales force automation system and other equipment to enhance impact of division management.
Adheres and ensures all direct reports adhere to compliance and operating principles and expectations. Complies with applicable laws in providing healthcare providers with accurate information concerning Daiichi Sankyo, Inc.'s products.
Foster and contribute to a positive, productive, and thriving Daiichi Sankyo culture.
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university):
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 7 or More Years successful pharmaceutical experience, preferably in Sales required
- 4 or More Years of experience in oncology sales preferred
- 4 or More Years of industry sales management preferred
- Experience in the oncology therapeutic area preferred
- Oncology product launch experience preferred
- Copromotion experience preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50- 70%
- Must have a valid driver's license with a driving record that meets company requirements
- Compensation and seniority level/title based on experience and qualifications
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.