Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The District Manager is responsible for overseeing the sales execution for all therapeutic areas within their geographic District. This role represents the District for all business applications and plays a vital role in fostering the Company's culture, reputation and image. Key responsibilities include leading, managing and developing a diverse high performing sales team to achieve and/or exceed sales goals. This includes the identification and development of key talent for future leadership roles within the organization. Additionally, the District Manager is responsible for having a thorough understanding of his/her business, providing their Region Business Director and/or Executive Business Director with input into strategic business decisions and effectively allocating and leveraging company resources. The District Manager is responsible for ensuring that all results are achieved in compliance with all company policies and practices, as well as, all applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Implements Regional strategic and tactical sales plans for their District to meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and total annual sales objectives.
- Recruits, hires, trains, retains, develops and leads diverse, high performing Representatives to their full potential. Promotes the fair, objective and consistent resolution of employee relations and compliance issues by coaching representatives and partnering with Human Resources and Compliance. Monitors District compliance of Field Sales promotional activity, ensuring appropriate reporting procedures are taking place. Conducts field travel with each District Representative on a consistent basis, calling on key accounts, institutions and customers as assigned by the Company. Completes Field Coaching Reports within 48 hours after each field ride. Identifies and acknowledges individual strengths and needs within the District. Maintains awareness of the development of employees within the District by working closely with employees and their Individual Development Plans.
- Establishes, models, and maintains competent product knowledge and selling skills standards within the team. Ability to coach a variety of Representative styles types and leverage the organizational competency model. Plans and conducts effective sales meetings, launches any Company issued programs and promotions; directs and monitors the execution of approved marketing plans and promotional campaigns.
- Maintains timely communications with Representatives, management and internal and external stakeholders. Maintains complete records and submits accurate reports as directed by management.
- Develops and executes Business Plans to achieve District, Regional, Area, and National goals. Analyzes sales reports and develops plans of action. Effectively manages District's budget.
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 3-5 years successful pharmaceutical sales experience required; 3-5 years of experience in Specialty, rare disease, and/or oncology sales management preferred, however, internal Home Office function (i.e. Sales Training, Marketing, and Market Research) or equivalent sales experience will be considered.
Travel is often required for mandatory meetings, field rides with Representatives, and team meetings. Ability to travel up to 50-70% of the time.
Must have a valid driver's license with a driving record that meets company requirements.
Additional Skills Required:
- Proven success in areas of leadership, judgment, teamwork, and selling skills.
- Ability to coach and lead Representatives to execute the implementation of Regional/District direction.
- High degree of learning agility easily adaptable to new, ambiguous or difficult conditions.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to shift focus and change course. Able to do so with minimal impact to completing job requirements.
- A proven track record of success in implementing a sales strategy and driving revenue growth and expansion.
- Ability to coach and lead team to execute the implementation of Regional/District direction.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new disease-state information and disseminate the information to team.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.