Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Foundation Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Requires national certification in the area of specialty from the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical
Sonographers or from Cardiovascular Credentialing International. For new graduates, certification must be completed within 12 months of hire. BLS certification required.
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 1-2 years of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems. Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as an Ultrasound Technologist in the specialty area is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENT FACTORS
DP - Typical Direct Patient Care environment: (Nutrition Rep, Chaplain, RN)
- Able to stand, walk, bend, squat, reach, and stretch frequently.
- Possess physical agility and adequate reaction time to respond quickly and appropriately to unexpected patient care needs.
- Needs adequate hearing and visual acuity, including adequate color vision.
- Requires fine motor skills, adequate eye-hand coordination, and ability to grasp and handle objects.
- Able to use proper body mechanics to assist patients in ambulating, transferring in and out of bed, chair or wheelchair.
- May be required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must use standard precautions due to threat of exposure to blood and bodily fluids.
- Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone.
- May require periodic use of personal computer.
Foundation Health Partners is an EEO/AAP employer; qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.