ED Technician, Emergency, Evenings, Full Time
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Adventist Health Bakersfield Medical Center is a 254-bed acute-care hospital serving Kern County communities with key service areas including brain and spine, heart, cancer care, orthopedics, emergency services, three Quest Imaging locations and the Adventist Health Physicians Network. The hospital is staffed by more than 645 affiliated physicians, 1,832 associates and more than 250 volunteers. Adventist Health Bakersfield Medical Center has deep roots in Kern County - serving the community for more than 100 years! Adventist Health Bakersfield has also been recognized as the only Top Hospital in Kern County, by the Leapfrog group. While this is a great recognition, what it really shows is our unwavering commitment to give our very best for our community as we carry out our mission of "Living God's love by inspiring health, wholeness and hope." As one of six hospitals in California and one of 35 in the nation with this "Top General Hospital" status for patient safety and quality care, we appreciate being our community's hospital of choice.
We're looking for someone to join our team as an ED Technician who:
Assists the Registered Nurse (RN) and physician with assessments, examinations and treatments. Performs a variety of technical and patient care duties under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN). Performs essential functions of the Unit Secretary.
- Assists the Registered (RN) and physician with assessments, examinations and treatments. Documents patient care performed, including vital signs, bedside care and observations.
- Maintains state of readiness by maintaining equipment/supplies appropriate to the position. Assists in cost containment through the appropriate ordering and conserving of supplies and equipment.
- Prioritizes patient care and department needs, sets goals, and organizes time to meet daily demands of nursing car. Observes, documents and reports patient condition and changes in condition to the RN, MD/Provider.
- Provides patient and family education within scope of practice.
- Documents patient care performed, including vital signs, bedside care and observations. Records and collects specimens.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associate's/Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR): Required
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Medical Assistant (CMA) or Paramedic certification: Preferred
- Phlebotomist Technician license: Preferred
- Emergency Medical Training (EMT) certification: Preferred
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.