SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Up to $10,000 Sign on Bonus
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive pay rates, sign-on bonus/relocation, and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include:
- medical, dental, vision
- flex spending
- life insurance
- tuition reimbursement
- employee discount program
- employee stock purchase program
- student loan repayment
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Colleton family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Emergency Room RN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
As a Registered Nurse in the Emergency Room, you are responsible to triage, assess and treat patients of all ages presenting for emergency care. We provide timely, compassionate care for patients with emergency and life-threatening conditions. Our range of services include everything from broken bone care to heart attack and stroke treatment. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other. We are seeking a RN that has the same passion for patient care as we do.
- You will document pertinent nursing notes to reflect: change in condition, transfer and discharge
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders
- You will respond to and refer incoming telephone calls (may include phone triage when needed)
- You will be responsible for efficient throughput to include understanding and knowledge of all care zones such as triage, rapid treatment area, carepath, pediatric ER, trauma, behavioral health, etc.
- You coordinate and triage incoming ambulance traffic
- You manage care with primary ED attending
- You are responsible for learning, understanding and use of the Emergency Severity Index 5-level triage algorithm
- You are responsible for responding to critical needs as well as serve as a resource nurse for trauma
- You will demonstrate the ability to manage critical situations and make care based decisions.
- You will educate patients regarding their medications, procedure and treatments, providing patients and their families with support throughout their stay.
- Must be a graduate from an
accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is
- Must be licensed as a
Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active
Compact/Multi-State RN license
- A current American Heart Association
(AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider
- Current American
Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) is preferred and required to be obtained within 12 months of
- Current American
Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Pediatric Life Support (PALS) is
preferred and required to be obtained within 12 months of hire/transfer date
emergency, pre-hospital or critical care Registered Nurse experience preferred
Located in the Heart of Walterboro, South Carolina, Colleton
Medical Center has a longstanding history as a leader in the healthcare community
with a commitment to patient-centered care. With over 130 beds, Colleton Medical
Center is part of HCA Healthcare. CMC offers both inpatient
and outpatient medical services along with 24/7 Emergency Care for adults and
children. Named a Top Performer on key quality measures by The Joint Commission
for four consecutive years, CMC ranks in the top 15 percent of U.S.
hospitals for quality care. Committed to
quality services and compassionate care, CMC continues to expand and
advance to meet the needs of a growing community.
At Colleton Medical
Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
human life. HCA,
the parent company of CMC, has been continually named a World's Most
Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are
actively reviewing applications for our Emergency Room RN opening. Submit your
application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.