Ascendis Pharma is a fast-growing biopharmaceutical company with offices in Denmark, Germany, and the United States. We are advancing a pipeline of endocrine rare disease programs and are also advancing technologies in oncology as a second therapeutic focused area. Three of our product candidates are currently in clinical development.
Ascendis is a dynamic place for employees to grow and develop their skills, with a leadership team who is highly invested in the success of the organization. As a member of our team, you can influence the direction of the company and be part of an organization that creates new therapies with potential for best-in-class efficacy and safety.
The Endocrine Clinical Specialist is a direct hire full time role with Ascendis and will be responsible for understanding and identifying a customer's needs, support pull-through activities relative to the customer strategy, and to ensure that Ascendis Pharma is viewed as a valued partner to healthcare professionals and their patients.
The Endocrine Clinical Specialist is accountable to develop superior product and disease state knowledge that allows them to engage in appropriate clinical dialogue with healthcare professionals. They must effectively sell on approved indications and product efficacy/safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
- Us e product knowledge and selling skills to engage in customized client discussions and interactions based on specific custome r needs in a compliant and ethical manner
- Drive outstanding sales performance that ensure s sales forecasts are met or exceeded
- Effectively utilize assigned budget and resources to drive therapeutic and territory expectations
- Maintains current understanding of local market, practice structures, business models, and key influencers. Proactively shares such information with relevant Ascendis stakeholders (e.g., Sales and Commercial Leaders)
- Works with appropriate customers and accounts to understand practice structure, business model, key influencers, network structure, customer needs and to identify business opportunities
- Demonstrates ability to gain access to hard/no see HCPs and ability to utilize technology platforms to engage HCPs
- E ffectively and routinely use s a variety of analytical tools to understand and evaluate the ir business to best determine how to accomplish sales objectives and apply appropriate resource s in an effective and ethical manner
- D evelop s, communicates & executes a business plan t o achieve and surpass all goals and deliver s on all sales objectives and behaviors . Effective plans include a comprehensive understand ing of formulary criteria and other territory insights that highlight specific opportunities for implementation .
- Proactively c ollaborate with peers and internal stakeholders to maximize impact of appropriate resources to pull-through their value within the territory and across Ascendis .
- Demonstrate administrativ e excellence to ensure competent management of work hours, timely and accurate sales call data, customer objectives responses, sample and expense reporting and other administrative items
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of previous sales experience in a specialty sales environment, preferable rare disease and injectable experience
- Ability to be resilient work ing in an ambiguous, rapidly changing environment, start-up experience preferred
- Experience working with complex distribution system and HUB services to ensure smooth customer experience
- Proven history of strong performance
- Thrives in a collaborative culture on an accountability-based team
- Experience in a new product launch environment preferred
- Must be a self-starter with excellent decision-making, judgment, and ethics
- Proven ability to collaborate with peers and across functions
- Experience working in a specialty drug environment to ensure customers' and patients' needs are addressed in a compliant way
- Demonstrated ability to develop a successful business plan based on customer and patient needs
- Ability to analyze data/metrics to assess progress against objectives as well as diagnose performance issues and identify new opportunities
- Experience establishing new customer relationships and communicating technical information in a highly adaptable, ethical, and effective manner
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Overnight travel required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.