Entry Level Billing Coordinator
- Review appropriate reports daily for status of approved accounts in hospital system to determine the follow-up action required.
- Ensure all authorizations in process have appropriate documents generated, or ordered, as necessary for utilization review group assigned to complete any needed authorizations.
- Communicate timely with client and program manager regarding denials, taking aggressive steps to re-bill account.
- Report all dated and inactive billed accounts and action required by hospital to manager for submission to client.
- Modify and/or enter status codes and other data entry including comments/progress notes.
- Monitor billed accounts in the hospital system on a bi-weekly basis to ensure receipt and invoicing of accounts.
- Maintains aggressive yet professional follow up skills
- Has a basic knowledge of hospital billing and Medicaid programs.
- Demonstrates appropriate Management escalation of problem accounts.
- Generate automated memorandum, create folders, file and photocopy appropriate documents.
- Produce routine client reports to complete job functions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned or determined by program procedures
- Accurate typing/data entry at a minimum of 20 wpm
- Familiarity with word processing and database programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team.
- Ability to follow complex instructions and procedures.
- Ability to manage a caseload while organizing in a systematic and efficient fashion.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.