Job Title: Environmental Services Tech/Housekeeping – (1st shift)
Location: Newport Beach, CA 92663
Duration: 3-Months (temp-to-hire possibility)
Shift: Start time will vary between 5:30AM; 7:00AM, 9:00AM; 11AM, all shifts are 8 hour.
Hours will be 32-40 hours per week.
** Must be flexible to work 1st shift **
** Start time will vary between 5:30AM; 7:00AM, 9:00AM; 11AM, all shifts are 8 hour. Hours will be 32-40 hours per week. Must be flexible to work Weekend and Holidays. Must be flexible to work Newport and Irvine locations **
*Selected candidate must be flexible to work 8:00AM-5:30PM during first week of orientation*
*All contractors are scheduled to work every weekend. We do not have any pop up weekend schedules. In addition, it’s a requirement for the contractors to work every weekend unless they request PTO.*
The Environmental Services Technician performs a variety of general daily cleaning tasks to maintain patient care areas which includes isolation rooms, discharges, offices, corridors, bathrooms, public areas, collecting regular trash, regulated medical waste, soiled linens, vacuuming and other assigned areas of the facility (discharges not to exceed more than 75% of daily shift time).
- Effectively cleans and sanitizes patient rooms and departments utilizing the proper cleaning methods, equipment and chemicals. Includes cleaning of bathrooms, walls, windows, doors, floors and carpets.
- Empties trash, wastebaskets and linen hampers and transports soiled linens according to department standards. Cleans and maintains trash chute room floors/walls/vents.
- Assists with distribution and storage of supplies.
- Safely and securely handles and transports medical waste; ensures medical waste storage areas are secured at all times.
- Recognizes, comprehends and follows the meaning/direction of, designated signs, symbols and written instructions.
- Cleans and organizes janitor closet per department and regulatory standards; ensures janitor closet is locked and secured at all times.
- Uses chemicals in a safe manner; uses dispensers correctly to fill labeled bottles and containers with correct chemicals at all times as trained.
- Adheres to health and safety standards.
- Participates in the training of new employees and offers guidance, assistance and direction to less experienced personnel.
- Ability to read, speak, understand, and follow written and verbal directions in English with a basic range of comprehension sufficient for understanding job specific forms, documents, signs, symbols and written instructions.
- Recognizes and comprehends emergency and urgent situations and is able to react and communicate so others understand.
- Ability to work well with others, follow instructions, and schedule flexibility due to needs of hospital.
- Lead EVS Tech must exhibit leadership skills and be able to oversee the work of peers and effectively communicate with team members and all levels of management in the organization.
- High School graduate or GED.
- Ability to write in English.
- Basic computer skills to include the ability to utilize email program and complete computer-based training courses with minimal assistance.
- Previous hospital and/or hospitality housekeeping experience.
- Experience with the operation of a variety of cleaning equipment such as vacuums, extractors, bovac, roto.
- Preferred: High School Diploma or GED; 1+ year of relevant experience within Hospitality/Healthcare
- Ability to read, speak, understand, and follow written and verbal directions in English with a basic range of comprehension sufficient for understand