Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph. D. s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking an Epidemiologistfor a Scientist position level in our Center for Health Sciences in Washington, DC. In this role you will work as part of a team to execute epidemiologic studies and/or support senior consultants on projects involving litigation, regulatory consulting, and the design and execution of complex epidemiologic studies, including in the areas of pharmacoepidemiology and regulated medical products. These projects will include the evaluation of reported adverse effects, studies of the comparative safety or effectiveness of marketed medical products, analyses using novel electronic health records data, and strategic guidance on regulatory strategy or submissions. Consistent with Exponent s model for professional development, this person will be mentored by senior consultants in the Center, with the aim of developing into a senior consultant, and will have opportunities to collaborate with other groups outside of the Center.
You will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and summarizing scientific literature, regulatory standards, and guidance documents
- Managing and analyzing data generated from project tasks and applied research studies, including evaluation of electronic health records, claims data, and other epidemiologic data
- Contributing to the development of complex technical reports
- Managing and organizing project-related materials
- Communicating effectively with clients over email and telephone, and in-person
- Reviewing and summarizing case materials (e.g., deposition testimony) in support of testifying experts involved in litigation matters
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Epidemiology required
- Excellent communication, organization, writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Emerging publication track record and commitment to publishing in the peer-reviewed literature, presenting at scientific conferences, and active involvement in professional societies
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, adaptable, effective with time management, and capable of working independently and in diverse teams
- Possess strong ability to prioritize multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to prioritize the protection of sensitive information using of tact, diplomacy, discretion, and good judgment
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.