Join IQVIA as a Research Associate, and help us deliver high-quality Epidemiological scientific research to our clients in the global pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
We have opportunities in the UK, Portugal or Spain and you will need to be located in one of these locations.
Our goal is to contribute to the body of scientific evidence that allows medical practitioners to treat patients in the most effective way, and health systems to include as many patients as possible. We use data, collected for clinical and other purposes to answer research questions such as "which treatment works best in the real world, beyond the clinical trial setting?" Our fast paced and supportive environment attracts individuals who care deeply about the quality, timeliness and subsequent impact of their work; who thrive when exposed to the scale and variety of scientific
Your primary responsibilities will be wide ranging, but will involve:
- Contribution to the design, execution and reporting of real-world database (RWD) studies
- Contribution to the writing of study protocols, statistical analysis plans and study reports
- Supporting with developing abstracts, manuscripts and/or presentations to conferences for projects
- Contribution to improving operational efficiencies of workflows, including writing of internal guidance documents (e.g., SOPs and quality management documents)
To be successful in this role, you'll need to have:
- MPH, MSc, PhD or an equivalent degree in epidemiology or public health
- Ideally, some experience designing and executing prospective or retrospective database studies
- Commitment to working collaboratively and effectively with people of other disciplines
- Excellent time management skills, contributing to multiple projects with competing timelines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Exposure to working with large real-world healthcare databases
- Publications in peer reviewed journals and/or abstracts in scientific conferences
In return we'll provide the support for you to develop your Epidemiology career in a supportive and dynamic environment. You'll be working in a global company of over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, with a broad range of healthcare information, technology and service offerings
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.