Vir Biotechnology is a clinical-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Our current development pipeline consists of five product candidates targeting SARS-CoV-2, hepatitis B virus, influenza A, human immunodeficiency virus and tuberculosis.
Vir Biotechnology (Vir), a San Francisco company with a bold mission to end infectious disease, is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant for our amazing team! This position will report to the VP, Virology and will support Vir's growing Research Department.
- Extensive Outlook calendaring including accommodating last-minute scheduling conflicts and changes
- Provide administrative support to senior members of the Research team, keeping them well informed and well prepared for upcoming meetings, commitments and responsibilities
- Proactively prioritize conflicting needs and competing demands
- Act on Research Leadership Team members' behalf with electronic communication
- Prepare timely expense reports using Concur and may also coordinate both domestic and worldwide travel plans including expense reporting and reimbursement and reviewing and obtaining travel Visas as required
- Collaborate with other Executive Assistants (both inside and outside of Vir) to coordinate calendars, requests, and events
- Coordinate shared workspace for conferences and meeting rooms (zoom meeting room experience a plus)
- Prepare communications with and documents for external collaborators
- Provide secondary support to the team members across various departments
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous pharma/ biotech industry experience desired
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to continuously shift focus and priorities under pressure to meet deadlines and other expectations
- Ability to work independently, while keeping all concerned parties informed
- Committed to job and team; available after hours and on weekends by e-mail and phone, as needed.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Confidence working with senior executives, key opinion leaders and dignitaries
- B.S./B.A. preferred
- 5+ years' experience required
Vir is a company with a compelling mission, "A World Without Infectious Disease". We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our business. This is reflected in our ongoing commitment to creating an environment focused on equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and inspired to contribute at their best, we will collectively deliver amazing results.
Vir is committed to attracting and employing a diverse workforce to strengthen our values and mission. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that Recruiters not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.