Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a \"Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,\" Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
Organize, lead, and manage a team of translational scientists in the development and implementation of translational strategies and plans. This person will enable and support the development and commercialization of the ADC projects through the clinical development stages of medicines across the portfolio. They will work in a highly collaborative environment and participate as a member of the Global Translational Science and Biomarkers Leadership Team. Most importantly this person will serve as a leader of the global late stage ADC translational science team, composed of translational scientists from the US, Japan and other regions in the global DS R&D, and will work to create an integrated, highly efficient and productive global function.
- Lead, coordinate and guide a global team of translational scientists responsible for development of the translational science strategic direction across the portfolio, with a focus on the design and implementation of clinically-focused translational science plans.
- Provide strategic direction for the global translational science team, aligned with the direction and objectives of the global translational leadership, for the development of translational strategies and plans consisting of preclinical studies for individual projects and/or franchise areas, in collaboration with project and clinical development teams.
- Support the strategic direction for the translational science team's collaboration and alignment with Translational Biomarker and Clinical Bioinformatics teams.
- Provide expertise to the Daiichi Sankyo Global Research & Development organization to ensure access to state-of-the-art thinking on appropriate translational science strategies, evaluating their scientific basis and clinical applicability, the validation status and any technical or statistical issues related to proposed business plans.
- Communicate with portfolio leaders in Clinical Development, CDx, RA, MA or other relevant functions to establish inter projects Translational strategy
- Communicate with Translational Strategy and Execution Early ADC, heme, IO to establish and maintain global cooperation scheme such as Cross ADC
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- PharmD in Life Science required or
- PhD in Life Science required or
- MD in Life Science required
- 10 or More Years • 10 or more years of post-doctoral and relevant industry experience with expertise in translational research, biomedical leadership and human translational research in clinical trials required.
• Experience with, and demonstrated success at, leading teams.
• Demonstrated ability to define clear translational strategies anchored in disease biology and drug mechanism of action, aligned with clinical development.
• Deep knowledge in biomarker technologies including NGS, immunoassay, proteomics, immunohistochemistry including assay validation.
• Extensive experience in the discovery, characterization and utilization of innovative translational strategies across the continuum of research/preclinical and clinical stages preferred.
• Experience/knowledge in companion diagnostics device development preferred.
Travel Ability to travel up to 10% Global Travel is required
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.