Executive Director (Marketing and Communications)
Department(s): Communications and Marketing
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
FLSA status: Exempt
Salary Grade: U - $226,000 - $371,800
The Executive Director of Marketing and Communications (EDMC) is responsible for CalOptima's internal and external communications, marketing, community relations, and strategic communications. In collaboration and coordination with the leadership team and the office of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the EDCM will assist the CEO in communicating organizational goals, and will plan, develop, and implement strategies to effectively communicate the CalOptima mission, vision and strategic priorities with internal and external key stakeholders including employees, the public, members, government officials, and the media.
• Creates Marketing and Communications strategics that stand in support of the Mission, Vision, and Strategic Priorities in support of members.
• Supervision of professional and administrative personnel.
• Coordinates, develops, and measures the contribution and impact of marketing and communications efforts including marketing, general communication, outreach activities, community relations and regulatory affairs programs and the respective leadership teams.
• Directs internal and external CalOptima communications and community relations as managed by department staff and other CalOptima departments. These include the coordination of all publications, presentations or speeches, templates for standard CalOptima correspondence, and other communications of a highly sensitive nature.
• Assists in the coordination of internal and external crisis communications and consultants.
• Coordinates and drafts position statements, press releases, media materials, newsletter articles and collateral pieces for use in internal and external strategic communications.
• Assists in the coordination of external consultants for strategic communications, graphic design, market analysis, and social media.
• Supports the Clerk of Board in responding to the Public Records Act (PRA) requests and other regulations pertaining to CalOptima activities with the public and or regulatory agencies.
• Manages CalOptima participation at various community and governmental functions.
• Develops and administers annual budget for assigned departments.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Possess the Ability To:
• Interact constructively and ethically with all CalOptima providers, staff, board members, key stakeholders, and members.
• Communicate with elected officials and other key stakeholders in promoting the Mission and Vision, and strategic priorities of CalOptima.
• Work collaboratively and promote teamwork within assigned departments as well as with other departments to achieve effective message delivery, both internally and externally, through a variety of communication tools.
• Promote a positive public and key stakeholder of CalOptima as a healthcare leader.
• Reflects an organizational appreciation for our multi-cultural-lingual-generational members and communities served.
• Apply strong leadership skills with the ability to influence and achieve deliverables.
• Understand the major functions within CalOptima and create strategies to promote marketing and communications.
• Communicate effectively, clearly, and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Utilize and access computer and appropriate software (e.g. Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and job-specific applications/systems.
Experience & Education:
• Bachelor's degree in Political Science or related field and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, required. Master's Degree is highly desirable.
• 7 years of increasingly responsible experience addressing public policy, communication, and/or government relations issues.
• 4 years of health care industry experience, with 2 years at management level is required.
• 2 years of supervisory experience is required.
• The Brown Act and Public Records Act.
• Principles and techniques of strategic planning, communications, public affairs, community relations, and marketing.
• Municipal, state, and federal government laws, legislation, and policy formation processes.
• Principles and practices of managed health care and health care systems, e.g. Medi-Cal and Medicare.
• Exceptional English composition, editing, spelling and grammatical skills.
CalOptima is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit. CalOptima wants to have qualified employees in every job position. CalOptima prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee, or applicant for employment, based on race, religion/religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transitioning status, age, sexual orientation, immigration status, military status as a disabled veteran, or veteran of the Vietnam era, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. CalOptima also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has, or is perceived as having, any of those characteristics.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources Disability Management at 657-900-1134.
Job Location: Orange, California
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3023195
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.