About the Department
Site New Hampshire, located in West Lebanon, is where Novo Nordisk’s life-saving treatments are brought to life. Our manufacturing facility produces a global supply of our hemophilia and growth hormone product lines, as well as our next generation of cutting-edge medications. It’s not your average production site – it’s a tight-knit, supportive community working together to contribute to a better tomorrow for our patients. Ethics and quality are held in the highest regard, and a patient-focused mindset guides everything we do. We’re looking for individuals who are self-starters with a strong work ethic to join our team. At Novo Nordisk, you will find opportunities, resources and mentorship to grow and build your career. Are you ready to realize your potential?
Responsible for managing the maintenance of the facilities, HVAC, utility systems, process equipment, and electrical infrastructure for the NH site. Responsible and accountable for strategic planning and tactical implementation as it relates to facility and equipment maintenance and planning. Responsible to ensure system uptime and compliance to support site production objectives.
Reports to: According to the organizational charts.
Number of subordinates with direct/indirect referral: See organizational chart.
- Hire, review, train and develop facilities maintenance team members
- Oversee all maintenance and repair activities for facility, utilities and process equipment on the campus
- Act as system owner for all industrial and clean utilities systems supporting operations
- Act as system owner for computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Responsible for metrics on maintenance work order performance for site. Works with other line of business managers to optimize work schedules, with focus on maximizing facility up time
- Develop and communicate maintenance schedules to meet the business needs based on 24hr/7d week operations
- Establish and maintain external contracts for maintenance support of facilities/systems as required
- Interface with production and maintenance planning functions to maintain alignment between production and preventative maintenance schedules
- Accountable for planning and delivery of training on maintenance process and computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) processes
- Provide input to improvement projects to improve facility and utility reliability, uptime and capacity
- Accountable as project champion for repairs and improvements of utility and architectural systems. Ensure team utilizes project management processes/tools to plan, execute, control and communicate the projects
- Review and approve maintenance SOPs and Preventative Maintenance (PM) plans/documents to maintain compliance with Novo Nordisk Quality Management System (QMS) and external regulations
- Support projects in the evaluation, specification, installation and validation of new, modified or repaired utility systems
- Develop and administer annual department budget
- Provide input to investment and improvement project budgets for site infrastructure related equipment/systems
- Manage maintenance and housekeeping of machinery, equipment, and facilities in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices, Novo Nordisk Quality Management Systems and other external regulations
- Perform internal confirmation on quality systems as required. Perform periodic inspections of the facilities to ensure adherence to procedures and departmental and organizational standards
- Monitor and establish team priorities to support timely and accurate closure of Change Requests, CAPAs, Deviations, Corrective Actions and audit findings for owned systems/areas
- Drive accountability within the group to ensure all activities comply with established company policies, global regulatory requirements, the NNUSBPI Quality Manual and established SOPs (EH&S and Quality)
- Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a compliant and ethical manner and in accordance with all applicable healthcare laws, regulations and industry codes
- Incorporates the Novo Nordisk Way and 10 Essentials in all activities and interactions with others
0-10% overnight travel required. The ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand, and walk. The ability to grasp and finger. The ability to speak, listen, and understand verbal and written communication. Repetition including substantial movement of wrists, hands, and or fingers. While performing this job employee work involves sitting most of the time with walking and standing required only occasionally. Lifting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally. Visual acuity to perform close activities such as: reading, writing, and analyzing; and to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work assigned or to make general observations. The working environment includes a variety of physical conditions including noise, inside and outside conditions, working in narrow aisles, and temperature changes; atmospheric conditions including: odors, fumes, and dust.
Development of People
Ensure that reporting personnel have individual development plans (IDP), with annual goals and measurements that are consistent with the priorities of the business, and that interim reviews are held so that their work is focused on those priorities, and they understand their level of accountability for results and the measurement process. Ensure that the IDP forms include completed learning and aspiration plans and are in place for all reporting personnel to enable the achievement of goals and capability to assume increased levels of responsibility. Manage the application and communication of all Novo Nordisk policies, procedures, and Novo Nordisk Way.
- Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Work Experience
- 7+ years total work experience in operations or engineering environment
- 3+ years’ experience in a management role (matrix or direct)
- cGMP/regulated pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience preferred
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be familiar with Industry Regulatory codes and standards
- Must be able to manage the preventative and corrective maintenance activities for complex utilities and manufacturing equipment
- Must be able to utilize computer maintenance management system (CMMS) to request, perform, track and report on maintenance work
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, automated control systems and architectural is required
- Knowledge of purified water, water for injection, clean steam, clean room construction and clean room HVAC systems in a cGMP environment is preferred
- Experience with people and/or technical project management is required
- Ability to prioritize management of multiple tasks and projects and meet deadlines
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience. Relocation assistance provided.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
Novo Nordisk requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.