United Therapeutics is a vaccinated work environment where all employees are expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. We will provide any accommodations as required by law.
The job details are as follows:
What We Do
United Therapeutics Corporation focuses on the strength of a balanced, value-creating biotechnology model. We are confident in our future thanks to our fundamental attributes, namely our commitment to quality and innovation, the power of our brands, our entrepreneurial culture and our bioinformatics leadership. We also believe that our determination to be responsible citizens - having a positive impact on patients, the environment and society - will sustain our success in the long term.
We currently have five approved products on the market and a long-term mission of providing an unlimited supply of transplantable organs for those who need them.
Our company was founded by an entrepreneur whose daughter was diagnosed with a life-threatening condition. She sought to find treatment options and a cure for her daughter and patients like her. We are founder-led, and relentless in our pursuit of "medicines for life". We continue to research and develop treatments for cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases, pediatric cancers and other orphan diseases.
In 2021, we became the first publicly-traded biotech or pharmaceutical company to take the form of a public benefit corporation (PBC). Our public benefit purpose is to provide a brighter future for patients through (a) the development of novel pharmaceutical therapies; and (b) technologies that expand the availability of transplantable organs. At the same time, we seek to provide our shareholders with superior financial performance and our communities with earth-sensitive energy utilization.
How you’ll contribute
The Facilities Project Manager will work closely with the Facilities Team and Site Engineering to successfully manage and complete project deliverables. This role will complete tasks that are pertinent to both the Facilities Department and the organization's overall strategic goals. The duties will vary according to need and may involve Corporate Real Estate (CRE), Manufacturing, Building Automation Systems (BAS), Life Safety Systems, equipment upgrades or updates, emergency events, etc. This person may work on many projects simultaneously throughout the company and will support teams by driving projects on a day-to-day basis. This role will also be responsible for assisting in trouble-shooting challenging equipment / automation issues and managing the automation systems in compliance with GMPs. The Facilities Project Manager must also work well in a fast-paced environment and possess the ability to multi task.
- Facilitate and lead facilities projects relating to new or upgraded equipment, facilities, site operational initiatives, or site compliance. Projects will be determined based on scope, complexity and coordination with the facilities and engineering management team.
- Act as the technical point of contact/subject matter expert for non-GMP facilities equipment, base building automation and life safety systems. This includes HVAC, cooling and heating systems, electrical systems, fire alarm, BAS, etc.
- Serve as SME and assist site leadership, site security, and EHSS with crisis response during crisis events in accordance with written instruction
- Coordinate and manage all base building automation system (BAS) related activities and projects. Provide support to develop user requirements and communicate with control vendors to execute automation system modifications and new installations.
- Provide facilities representation for large-scale capital projects run by Corporate Real Estate for the Silver Spring, Maryland campus. This will include attending design and construction meetings, working with the CRE and design team on ensuring the base building systems are designed and installed to UT requirements and standards, and participating in the startup, commissioning, and project hand off process.
- Assist in the establishment and implementation training processes and strategies for all facilities and technical personnel
- Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects
- Determine and define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for staff members required for specific projects or initiatives
- Research and evaluate hardware and software technology options and weigh the cost/benefit analysis when making large purchases on behalf of the company
- Data analysis for varying levels of operation to identify trends, areas of improvement and areas of success
- Assist in the evaluation of automated and information technology systems and executes strategies to optimize and ensure the quality and stability of automation systems through future expansion, replacement, or upgrade
- Use technical knowledge to ensure the efficient operation of a variety of automated processing and information technology systems
- Oversee the installation and placing new equipment into operations
- Maintain technical and quality documentation
- Understand and support all GxP environments
- Report on areas of concerns, improvement, or success to department leadership
- Cooperate with audits, inspections, and investigations
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned
For this role you will need
- H.S. Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 10+ years of maintenance experience in manufacturing, commercial, or pharmaceutical/biotech environment
- 2+ years of experience as either a facilities manager or project manager in pharmaceutical/biotech/medical devices industry
- Good organizational skills and systems implementation
- GxP and OSHA safety and internal safety procedures
- Experience in: Building Automation systems, vendor management, contract negotiation
- Understanding of cGMPs and operation of a bio/pharm manufacturing plant
- Change controls, deviations, and CAPA programs
- Solid fundamental computer skills needed in word processing and spreadsheet handling
- Associates Degree
- 6+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech/medical devices industry
At United Therapeutics, you’ll realize quickly that it is not an ordinary place to work! When you join our company, you will learn, grow, contribute, have fun, and be challenged... all while making a difference in the lives of our patients.
United Therapeutics Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities