Outpatient clinic located several hundred miles west of Anchorage, AK is seeking a full-time, permanent Family Medicine Physician. $10,000 relocation assistance, $70,000 sign-on bonus, +6% Retention Bonus, and 100% Loan Repayment Potential Through IHS, NHSC, or SHARP
Salary: $148,000.00 - $250,000.00
The Staff Physician shall be committed to contributing to the Mission of the healthcare provider to achieve the greatest possible improvement in the health status of the people of the region. The Staff Physician is an employee working under the supervision of the Medical Director who is, in turn, supervised by the Clinical Services Administrator.
About the provider:
We serve 58 federally recognized Tribes and operate 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55-bed regional hospital in far western Alaska.
Family Practice Physician Job Description:
- The Family Medicine Physician would serve in an outpatient clinic that is affiliated to the health group.
- Serve within a frontier & remote setting that provides for a high Native-American population.
- The clinic is Monday-Friday, 9 AM-5:30 PM; 40-hour workweeks.
- Average Patients Ratio: 10-20
- Loan Repayment Assistance | 100% Loan Repayment Potential Through IHS, NHSC, or SHARP
- Must have completed an accredited medical school.
- Must have completed a residency training program and be board eligible or board certified (unless a specific exception is made) by the appropriate board of the American Medical Association or the American Osteopathic Association.
- Must have Alaska State License and DEA License.
- Must have the computer skills needed to access computerized medical records.
- Needs the skills and knowledge to practice medicine in the area of their specialty.
- 1 to 2 years of post-residency experience preferred.
- Ability to supervise medical students, residents, physician extenders, and community Health Aide clinical practice.
Family Practice Physician Benefits:
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Relocation assistance ($10,000)
- Sign-on Bonus ($70,000)
- Retention Bonus (+6%)
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Employee Medical and Dental paid 100%
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 100% Loan Repayment Potential Through IHS, NHSC, or SHARP
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
- No state income tax and permanent fund dividend after a full calendar year of Alaska Residency
- Great fishing, hunting, and wildlife! Perfect for those who love the outdoors, and want to get away from the city.
- Gorgeous mountains and picturesque Alaskan scenery
- Amazing rural, remote community west of Anchorage.
- Truly a unique experience that can't be duplicated.
- Regional Airport with easy access to Anchorage
- Some of the best fishing in North America and several other outdoor activities
- Excellent shopping and dining that are all locally owned and operated