At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
As a Field Licensed Clinical Social Worker, you will be responsible for case management, resource referrals, and service linkage. You'll have a direct impact on the lives of our members as you identify service gaps, and work with collateral supports/providers to connect members to needed services.
This is a field based: 75% of the time in the field, 25% work from home position. Schedule is Monday - Friday during standard business hours. We have openings throughout North Carolina in Greensboro, Raleigh and Charlotte. This position will be required to travel throughout these cities and surrounding counties.
- Engage members either face to face or over the phone to have a discussion about their health
- Review available member service records and relevant documentation (e.g., utilization history, functional level, stratification
- information, current plan of care)
- Conduct comprehensive member assessment that includes bio-psychosocial, functional, and behavioral health needs
- Utilize interviewing techniques and active listening to collect and retain member information and incorporating responses as they are presented to complete assessment
- Identify when supplemental assessments are needed and conduct supplemental assessments
- Identify member service needs related to health concerns
- Identify urgent member situations and escalate to next level when necessary
- Engage member to participate in the assessment process and collaboratively develop plan of care based on their individual needs, preferences, and objectives
- Work with members to develop healthcare goals and identify potential barriers to achieving healthcare goals
- Identify member support systems available and incorporate into plan of care
- Review plan benefits and identify appropriate programs and services based on heath needs and benefits
- Integrate health care and service needs into a plan or recommendation for member care and service
- Collaborate with member to create solutions to overcome barriers to achieving healthcare goals
- Identify relevant community resources available based on member needs
- Refer members to appropriate programs and services
- Facilitate member choice of preferred provider
- Master's Degree in Social Work
- Must have an active, unrestricted LCSW licensure in the State of North Carolina
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Experience working in the field
- Proficient computer skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Must be able to travel throughout counties assigned throughout Greensboro, Raleigh and Charlotte
- Must have dedicated, distraction-free area in home for home office
- Must have access to high speed internet (Cable is preferred but DSL is an option)
- Previous case management experience
- Inpatient experience
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: LCSW, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, case manager, care coordination, behavioral health, mental health, Raleigh, North Carolina, NC, Wake County, Chatham County, Durham County, Johnston County, Wilson County